Continual Quiz about the Bristol Channel(3)

bluedragon

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
Looks a bit like llangwm ? I Dont know the pub /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Reasonably warm...but the northerlies whistle down there!!

bluedragon

Visit site
He probably knew my great-grandmother. Apparently she had her wedding reception in the pub there circa 1895!! /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif So there's another (useless) clue for you all. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

bluedragon

Visit site
Nope....getting colder!

OK time for another clue...

PICT1470.jpg

PS - I have seen a pic of a b/k Sadler 29 against this quay, but generally speaking I'd say this is beyond where most of us would go if we didn't want to get neaped for a week or two! Graham would probably be OK though....

bluedragon

Visit site
No it definitely ain't Carew. Have I finally found a place that neither Damo, Tony or Graham recognise?? Wow... /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

I'll give it a little more time for others to come in with an answer, then I'll put you all out of your misery.

graham

Visit site
Looks like an ideal spot for me.If I onl;y knew where it is. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gifIf noone gets it I think that will be the first time.

Its not in the upper reached of Pennar Gut is it ? Nosed in there once but soon ran out of water.

bluedragon

Visit site
All will be revealed! Yes it is a lovely spot and the building to the left of the quay is the pub whose name I'm seeking. The bottom is very stony, so the hull needs to be up off the ground.

graham

Visit site
Ok another pure guess as I havent been there,could it be Garron Pill or Williamston Pill?

bluedragon

Visit site
Clearly panic is setting in here /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif Graham is scouring his charts with a magnifying glass...sooner or later he'll get it by a process of elimination (or Damo).

Okay...Damo got there first!! Phew...

It is indeed the Cresselly Arms. And the original picture was on the south bank of the Cresswell River, to the East of Lawrenny more or less opposite where the Carew River splits off. If moored at Lawrenny, take the dinghy up to Cresswell Quay on a nice evening (but make sure you've got spare fuel with you).

Over to you Damo...

damo

longkeel35.org.uk
The tools of the internet are wonderful things /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

This is a boring whereisit?, but I like the pic, cos at this time of year it is something to look forward to...

CBCQ1.jpg

graham

Visit site
Easy one that Damo its Snowpetrels stern cabin viewed from the cockpit. /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gifOr is it looking back at Hurlstone Point/Porlock Bay?