Coffee Machine

Sea Change

Visit site
Just drink tea - tastes nice, unlike coffee, and you don't have to pretend to like it or be able to tell the difference between beans grown 4 yards apart.
And for sensible people 'a cuppa' is completely unambiguous, in contrast to the hundreds of different ways if drinking coffee.

st599

Visit site
But should it be the Lap sang su Chong or the Earl Grey and does the milk go in first or last or should you take milk and should the water be boiling? Are tea bags acceptable. 😁
Earl Grey's a lovely drop. Used to take a young lady on a bike ride to his tea house, him being a Geordie too.

Sea Change

Visit site
But should it be the Lap sang su Chong or the Earl Grey and does the milk go in first or last or should you take milk and should the water be boiling? Are tea bags acceptable. 😁
Teabag, mug, splash of milk, job done.
Life's complicated enough, as Alan Davies used to say!

Neeves

Visit site
As myself and others have posted in this thread, the stainless steel insulated cafetieres are great. they keep the coffee hot and they don't break. When we had glass ones, I always kept spare glass inserts as they would inevitably crack. Since moving to SS years ago I haven't had to replace one yet.
We were so impressed with the double walled stainless version (a variation on the Dewar flask) we were force to buy another so that we had one at home and one on the boat.

Jonathan

Milk with tea?..... very pre 21st Century - you will be adding sugar next. :(

Wansworth

Visit site
The third hand could never remember but one stormy night after he had struggled up to the bridge I decided to drink the tea without sugar….teawith suave is awful

Stingo

Visit site
That looks like the job, but two problems
  • There's a serious shortage of storage space on my wreck
  • I no longer have a postal address here in Portugal
Edit:
  • It ships from the UK. Just take a wild guess why that is no longer practical.

Last edited:

Clancy Moped

Visit site
That looks like the job, but two problems
  • There's a serious shortage of storage space on my wreck
  • I no longer have a postal address here in Portugal
Edit:
  • It ships from the UK. Just take a wild guess why that is no longer practical.
You'll find one in most local ferreterias.

sarabande

Visit site
A chunk of aluminium or steel about 10mm thick, with a hole of the diameter of the coffee maker base, and wide enough to sit solidly over the burner frame ? Any local garage can make one up.

Don't pick it up after use with your hands !