chep satellite tv

BoyBlue49

Visit site
If it is similar to the one I purchased from Maplins, you need to be tied up along side.
I assume "on a mooring" is at anchor or on a buoy. The target satellite beam is quite narrow so the boat needs to be relatively still.

BrianH

www.brianhenry.byethost18.com
does a basic satellite system like the one that Aldi is currently offering work on a yacht on a mooring or is the boat movement too much?
From previous threads some reported that on a fairly large and heavy vessel in calm water they can site the antenna on board. Presumably in the UK you would be interested in the Freesat signals from the Astra 2 group, which has a good signal strength.

In Italy I am focused on the Astra 1 transmissions - Astra 2 with the UK channels has a footprint focused on the UK and the Med. would need a very large antenna - moored stern-to a fixed pier with a ca. 1m tidal range and a lot of movement from passing craft. This means I have to fix my 60cm dish on the pier and lead the cable on board. That is no problem as when I leave the mooring the antenna stays and I disconnect at the LNB along with the shore power and restore both when I return.

Edit:
From Wikipedia:
"A mooring refers to any permanent structure to which a vessel may be secured. Examples include quays, wharfs, jetties, piers, anchor buoys, and mooring buoys. A ship is secured to a mooring to forestall free movement of the ship on the water. An anchor mooring fixes a vessel's position relative to a point on the bottom of a waterway without connecting the vessel to shore."

Last edited: