Captain Calamitys

pvb

Visit site
Having tried a boat with an Eberspacher, my money's on the candle lasting longer, being more effective, and above all quiet !

You should broaden your experience and try a boat with a properly-installed modern Eberspacher (or Webasto). You'll find it reliable, incredibly effective, and virtually silent.

prv

Visit site
You should broaden your experience and try a boat with a properly-installed modern Eberspacher (or Webasto). You'll find it reliable, incredibly effective, and virtually silent.

Mine must be a little older then - it's reliable, incredibly effective, but bloody noisy :D

(The Nora though really ought to have a cosy little cast-iron coal stove. Albeit perhaps not until the present clumsy pair are no longer aboard.)

Pete

dylanwinter

www.keepturningleft.co.uk
Mine must be a little older then - it's reliable, incredibly effective, but bloody noisy :D

(The Nora though really ought to have a cosy little cast-iron coal stove. Albeit perhaps not until the present clumsy pair are no longer aboard.)

Pete

the bloke acorss from my pontoon has a very noisy airogen and an eberspacher

he is seldom aboard but the boat sits there humming, thrumming and throbbing all night long

my fan heater or candles on the other hand.....

D

prv

Visit site
the bloke acorss from my pontoon has a very noisy airogen and an eberspacher

he is seldom aboard but the boat sits there humming, thrumming and throbbing all night long

No thrumming all night long here - the heater is bolted to the head of my bunk (on the other side of it, in the locker) so it has to go off before I turn in.

Pete

Resolution

Visit site
I agree with Dylan in that I don't like to think of the bloke alone, cold and running low on funds,

This situation needs sorting, with a better end plan...

Quite agree. Any of you guys down in Cornwall got any positive suggestions? I think it is likely that advice or physical assistance is better than just money.

laika

Visit site
Any of you guys down in Cornwall got any positive suggestions? I think it is likely that advice or physical assistance is better than just money.

The mail article previously linked to mentioned that the skipper is being inundated with interview requests. I'm guessing that there's plenty of potential for featuring in amusing adverts on both sides of the pond. The best advice I could think of would be to get an agent ASAP. Could cure his financial problems and provide a donation to the RNLI to counter all the criticism.

If they could make a TV show of someone teaching that woman who'd failed her driving test a gazillion times to drive, there must surely be potential in making a TV show (or something on an Internet TV channel even?) teaching him to sail. Entertaining, potentially educational (hey, it's a show about learning to sail) and can only help the current situation.

dylanwinter

www.keepturningleft.co.uk
The mail article previously linked to mentioned that the skipper is being inundated with interview requests. I'm guessing that there's plenty of potential for featuring in amusing adverts on both sides of the pond. The best advice I could think of would be to get an agent ASAP. Could cure his financial problems and provide a donation to the RNLI to counter all the criticism.

If they could make a TV show of someone teaching that woman who'd failed her driving test a gazillion times to drive, there must surely be potential in making a TV show (or something on an Internet TV channel even?) teaching him to sail. Entertaining, potentially educational (hey, it's a show about learning to sail) and can only help the current situation.

marvelous suggestion

sadly.... the world does not often work that way

I am sure he did not get paid for the interviews, no-one would risk a TV programme budget on an old, capricious, possibly slightly eccentric bloke of doubtful health.

D

fisherman

Visit site
Have to say that getting a weather window for land's end, given their evident ability, or propensity for bad luck, looks a long shot at the moment. You need a system to go through, wind to get up into the N sector, and then quieten down for Hayle bar and the trip down West. If you cross the bar on the flood you need power, on the ebb you need quiet weather. I dare say one of the fishermen would tow them out. Head to Newlyn or Penzance, lay up and wait.

JumbleDuck

Visit site
You should broaden your experience and try a boat with a properly-installed modern Eberspacher (or Webasto). You'll find it ... virtually silent.

For the people on board, maybe. For the people round about, less so. But hey, we all like spending our evenings in a haze of diesel exhaust, so what's a bit of noise.

JumbleDuck

Visit site
That's bit dark, isn't it?

If they were doing this in the summer - a typical summer, not last summer - I'd expect them to bumble their way down to France and then drown crossing Biscay, but it sounds as if they are easily stupid enough to try the western approaches soon. Where, if they try it, they will die.

Seajet

Visit site

The various boats I was on with eberspachers had the things professionally fitted; ' incredibly effective & virtually ' silent my arse !

Not much warmth, sucked the domestic batteries dry and whined all night !

- Hang on, this sounds like ex-SWMBO...:)

laika

Visit site
no-one gets paid for interviews anymore

Not even by American news networks? Ever? Not even "expenses" or "licensing"? Good Morning America for example?

Regardless of interview fees they've had an awful lot of exposure in both europe and the US in a short time. In the hands of a publicity agent surely that's marketing gold?