Canvas companionway/hatch cover

syvictoria

Visit site
Hi. I'm looking for a couple of simple (or so I thought!) square/rectangular canvas covers for use over the companionway and hatches. Must be waterproof and durable, and ideally have eyelets in the corners (although I'm happy to add those myself). The Blue Performance Universal Cover 90cm x 90cm appears to be the only off the peg option that I can find. Does anyone have any other suggestions, other than made to measure? I would make my own, but I don't currently have a sewing machine. TIA!

rogerthebodger

Visit site
I got made by a local canvas maker a cover for my companionway and hatch to protect the varnish from the UV we have in the sub tropics. It is fitted using turn buttons or lift the dot connectors.

Mine are made from blue sumbrella and has lasted over 12 years to date

dansaskip

seabear.uk
I might be a cheapskate but I made a companionway cover from a piece of old sail and holes with a hot metal implement and some bunji elastic looped over the coach roof winches. Might not look too smart but was almost free and actually works well and has done for past 6 or more years

onesea

Visit site
Mk1 was an old sail for a year but with no hems, it ripped.
Mk2 was the back of an old motorbike jacket. Then I realised why it was old, it leaked.
Mk3 back of old Motorcycle jacket that doesn’t leak (this one leaked on the arms),

I guess a sailing jackets would work you, just need broad enough shoulders 😀

PeterV

Visit site
I made mine. The cloth came from eBay , 1.5” seams, folded twice, hand sewn and then eyeleted. Very easy to make, didn’t cost much and looks smart.

Attachments

• IMG_0966.jpeg
    IMG_0966.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 13