Calor 4.5k cylinder

st599

Visit site
Dimensions I have seen are identical. I have also actually measured and they seem about right but measuring a gas bottle accurately is tricky 😉
FloGas have 2 sizes of 4.5Kg bottle. Some are shorter and wider than Calor. You don't get to choose which size you want, you get what's available.

Greg2

Visit site
FloGas have 2 sizes of 4.5Kg bottle. Some are shorter and wider than Calor. You don't get to choose which size you want, you get what's available.

Interesting - everything I have seen has been the one size that matches Calor but I will be careful when we make the switch thank you.

Marmalade

Visit site
I bought a Flogas cannister thinking it would fit our 3.9KG Orange Propane locker. It doesn't.

So if anyone wants a flogas cannister - I have one for sale.

MJBorley

Visit site
I was phoning around today to try to find a 4.5Kg butane when eventually one supplier (thank you Ely Tool Hire) said Calor had told them that if customers wanted one of the (soon to be) discontinued sizes they should phone the Bury St Edmunds distribution branch (actually at Saxham) and if they had any they would supply them direct to the customer (despite the website saying the branch is "closed to the public"). I now have 2 full butane cylinders, despite only having had one propane cylinder to exchange! Talking to the chap who bought my 2 cylinders out (on a forklift) he told me "we have about 40 of the 4.5Kg butanes and a 100 3.9Kg propane". I resisted the temptation to buy all 40 butanes and sell them on at a mark-up! Obviously this is only any good if you are withing driving distance of Saxham, but hopefully some of you will be able to benefit from it. As I only ever use my cooker for tea and toast I think I've managed to defer my decision about which upgrade to go for for a couple of years!