Calling all Sadler 290's

anniebray

Visit site
Perhaps you are aware that Sadler 290 A-Jay is currently sailing Round Britain. Well that was the plan, he set off from his home in Guernsey and made Weymouth from where he set off in a clockwise direction reaching beyond John O'Groats & the Shetlands then down the Caledonian Canal where he is currently berthed. I have invited him to Marchwood Yacht Club on his return and he has replied that possibly he might visit before or after September 7th . Who would be interested in a meet up about then ?

Habebty

Visit site
Sounds like a good idea to me. Will come by train though if weather iffy :)
I have been following his blog and is a nice read.

(I did think about a general meet-up of 290 owners next summer so this could be a good start)

John Willis

Visit site
Perhaps you are aware that Sadler 290 A-Jay is currently sailing Round Britain. Well that was the plan, he set off from his home in Guernsey and made Weymouth from where he set off in a clockwise direction reaching beyond John O'Groats & the Shetlands then down the Caledonian Canal where he is currently berthed. I have invited him to Marchwood Yacht Club on his return and he has replied that possibly he might visit before or after September 7th . Who would be interested in a meet up about then ?

Hi,

I am that owner (of Sadler 290 A-Jay) and thank you very much for your invitation. With a wedding to get back for I am afraid I hightailed it from out of Scotland from Oban to Belfast, then to Dublin, then Arklow from which we went straight to Penzance and thence straight to Guernsey after 4 1/2 months aboard almost all solo, arriving this morning at 0530.

How about a Sadler 290 meet in Guernsey, which I would be happy to assist organise???

If you want to follow the travels of my Sadler 290 A-Jay feel free to visit https://ajay290.wordpress.com

There were many trials and tribulations, not least the weather which remained almost universally lousy, but the boat held up brilliantly and looked after this clumsy skipper just fine.

Happy Sailing in your wonderful 290s!!

JMW

Habebty

Visit site
Hi John
Have been following your very nicely written blog! Sounds like an excellent plan for next summer as I have never been to the C. I. s ,!

Pete

anniebray

Visit site
Hi John

You certainly covered some miles during the last week and I thought it was very good of you to inform us ,on the day you arrived home probably exhausted, that you wouldn't be meeting us in Southampton. Nothing had been arranged of course because we didn't know for sure that you would be calling by or even when. Anyway congratulations on an epic trip which showed what a 290 can do & thank you for your excellent blog.

Like Pete, I think a 290 meeting in Guernsey next year would be an excellent plan.

Richard

John Willis

Visit site

John Willis

Visit site
Hello fellow Sadler 290 owners,

Guernsey Sadler 290 Regatta - 2016

if any Sadler 290 owners wish to explore the idea of a Guernsey Regatta next year, please let me know preferably as soon as you read this. Perhaps the first to read it could get round any other owners he knows.....

My personal commitments mean it would have to be after the end of May, but otherwise flexible as to dates.

If there is enough interest, I shall chat to the Harbour Master's staff to see what we can arrange.

I suggest this gathering would be in the spirit of the Jester Challenge i.e devoid of red tape and too many rules!

Pete Goss has expressed an interest in joining us a a sort of guest of honour.

Happy and safe sailing!!!!

JMW

PS having suffered failures in my autopilot system and radar/chart plotter during my 'round Britain' sail, I am in the process of having up to date replacements installed. If anyone is interested, I would be happy to share experiences and perhaps help save you from some of the trip ups I have encountered.

anniebray

Visit site
Hi John
Certainly am interested in the 2016 Guernsey Regatta !! Fantastic that you've secured Pete Goss as guest of honour. June onwards also suits me well because I usually spend May staying in the Dordogne, France.

I am also interested in learning about your electronic top ups.

Richard

John Willis

Visit site
Hi John
Certainly am interested in the 2016 Guernsey Regatta !! Fantastic that you've secured Pete Goss as guest of honour. June onwards also suits me well because I usually spend May staying in the Dordogne, France.

I am also interested in learning about your electronic top ups.

Richard

John Willis

Visit site
Hi to all Sadler 290 owners interested in a Guernsey rally in 2016. I am not very expert with this site so can each of you please email me at jmwillis290@gmail.com . I will then confirm the interest and see what can be arranged this end.

Toot toot!

JMW

John Willis

Visit site
Hello fellow Sadler 290 owners, can you help?

Has anyone taken off and resealed any stanchions? Particularly those opposite the galley and aft cabin?

I guess that they may be fastened differently, depending on the builder, but access to blots is nigh on impossible from inside.

Ay thoughts most welcome.

On a separate subject, I shall be heading off into the Baltic next summer and would love to meet up with 290s en route (South coast or East Coast England perhaps)

Best wishes and happy sailing

John Willis
A-Jay