C Map

doris

Visit site
Have just had a couple of C Map NT max charts updated and ....Wow! Channel and W France, £180! When they had an office in Fareham it was IRO £25 an update.

MEI, who are terrific by the way, the Furuno agent in Puerto Solenti use a UK programmer. They were so embarrassed by the cost that they gave me a discount and lost money on it! The other solution was to send the maps to Italy, and probably lose them.

The hidden cost of electronic chart plotters.

Aries

Live SE London / Kent border, sail out of Gosport
Visit site
C-Maps

I belong to their Club. I am just updating my chip. The cost is €99, plus VAT (Italian), plus the cost of mailing the chip to them in Italy.

Their response is great. I send by Royal Mail air mail one day, they return by courier about four / five days later. Never had anything lost in the past 3 years.

chrisbailey

Visit site
I belong to their Club. I am just updating my chip. The cost is €99, plus VAT (Italian), plus the cost of mailing the chip to them in Italy.

Their response is great. I send by Royal Mail air mail one day, they return by courier about four / five days later. Never had anything lost in the past 3 years.

I had the same experience a couple of weeks ago. A very good service and better value when updating a Max chart.

doris

Visit site
I had the same experience a couple of weeks ago. A very good service and better value when updating a Max chart.

At €99 plus vat and postage can't see the gain from the £80 all in that I had to pay. Think that updating charts has become outrageous!

CliveG

Visit site
3 years for 199 euros is better value to update my Megawide chip.
One up date is about £150.
Even better when they give one a PC chip reader and the PC software for free normal cost of about £120.

Modulation

Visit site
3 years for 199 euros is better value to update my Megawide chip.
One up date is about £150.
Even better when they give one a PC chip reader and the PC software for free normal cost of about £120.
I did the same thing but for a year which works out at a tad over £100 incl Italian VAT. The reader is really useful as I 've used it to plan trips at home on my pc. I've also found Jeppeson to be very responsive as a company.
That said I doubt very much if I'll be updating my charts on an annual basis. It's simply too expensive.

Searush

back2bikes.org.uk
Take a look at these guys, all UK charts, work with Google Earth at home for passage planning & work with SeaClear on the boat as a plotter. Under 50squid at the moment. I'd be happy to buy a new set at thet price in a few years time to get the updates.