Brittany Ports of Entry

Bobc

Visit site
I am having the same problem. I can only find PDF versions of the form for the non-PPF ports. How are we supposed to email a form to the marina, if the only form obtainable is a non-editable PDF?

I am going to email the marina at Lezardrieux (our first entry point in Brittany) and ask for their advice.

EDIT - I have now found a decent Word version of the form, on the web site for the Lezardrieux marina.
You can find it at Port d'entrée - Navires Anglais - Contrôles aux frontières
You need to download a pdf editor.

deep denial

Visit site
Very useful info thanks all.
Still some questions: If you come through a non-ppf port, does this mean your passport does not get stamped? Also, having emailed your intended destination to one marina, what happens if circumstances force you to arrive in a different one?

doug748

Visit site
Still some questions: If you come through a non-ppf port, does this mean your passport does not get stamped? Also, having emailed your intended destination to one marina, what happens if circumstances force you to arrive in a different one?

My understanding is that your passport will not be stamped but your movements will have been noted. It is therefore vital to have and retain the paperwork from the marina esp on departure. It also seems that you must enter and exit from the same marina - unlike standard ports with formal customs. I have concluded that the new system does not help me, though it no doubt will be very useful for many.

I would make sure that I entered using the marina I specified, even if it meant being flexible with the actual facts. You would not be shot but you could have an prolonged hostile interview or a shrug and a smile.

Chris CJ

Visit site
are you sure you have to enter and exit via the same marina , this is not my understanding ,which is entry via a secondary port and exit by any secondary port on the list. Mix and matching of secondary and primary ports is not permitted.

Visit site
We are in St Cast this evening. We entered via Lezardrieux, and they did not stamp passports. They did stamp a printed copy of our entry form, which I think we then have to show when we check out, which will be in Dielette.

I think if you turn up somewhere you did not plan for, they will allow you to stay there but I think they may say you can't move on until they have processed your entry, which may take 24 hours.

They are still getting used to the new system, and seem to be determined to make it work and resolve any glitches.

Barton.

st599

Visit site
are you sure you have to enter and exit via the same marina , this is not my understanding ,which is entry via a secondary port and exit by any secondary port on the list. Mix and matching of secondary and primary ports is not permitted.
I think the rule is that you have to enter and exit by a secondary port in the same group. So if you enter at say St Vaast, which is on Cherbourg's computer system, you have to leave from another satellite port of Cherbourg

Mudisox

Visit site
Last year I entered at Lezardrieux, and exited at St Malo. No passport stamp in, but document sent by email earlier, to Lezardrieux, stamped by marina and no queries at St Malo. Paimpol not interested.

doug748

Visit site

No, I have no firm idea. Could well be the case that you can mix ports of entry and exit. However some advice includes the following:

"2/ To leave the territory :

➢ when the ship leaves the port for a destination outside the Schengen area."

Which in relation to the rest of the document is a bit vague, "a" port would leave no doubt, so we will see how it rinses out.

Visit site
A few more points to note, based on our journey around Brittany and Normandy in the past weeks
  • The ports do not all use the same processes or the same forms. When arriving at Lezardrieux (in Brittany), we sent the form to the marina and they forwarded to the border police. When leaving Dielette (in Normandy) to return to UK, we had to use a different form and send it to the border police directly. You need to check each port and see what the rules are, as they seem to vary a lot.
  • You might not get any response from the border police. I am still waiting, two days after telling them I was leaving the Schengen area.
  • Neither the port of entry or exit needed to see our passports. This is unlike the PAF procedure at Cherbourg where we had to wait around an hour for the PAF officers to turn up. This became a factor in our decision to return home directly from Dielette, rather than via Cherbourg where we would need to check in and out again.
This whole process is still far from seamless, but they seem to be trying hard to make something work to attract British boats back to their harbours.

stranded

Visit site
Just to add our (ongoing) experience. We emailed the preavis to Camaret Monday. Arrived Tuesday. Bureau de Port said they sent it off that morning. It is now Friday late afternoon and still no response from PAF/Douanes. Don’t know whether to wait or move on. Wish we had gone into Brest as we have in the past.

stranded

Visit site
Where are you aiming to move on to? If it's still in Fr, I would go for it.
Camaret is normally my jump off point for Spain.
Just bimbling down the French coast - but dont want to get much further south only for the Brest duanes to decide they would like to check us over. Also, if we never “arrived”, I guess we should never “leave” either.