Brittany Ports of Entry

st599

Visit site
So does that mean if we enter France at Cherbourg (a PAF port), we have to exit from another PAF port and can't have (for example) St Cast as our final port in France?
Also, how do we deal with an itinerary that hops from Cherbourg to Guernsey and then to Brittany? Do we have to check out from Cherbourg and then check in again in Brittany (lezardrieux for example)?
If you leave France to go to the Channel Islands, you're meant to check out and back in anyway, even if you haven't used the special scheme.

The schemes are local concessions, not recognised by other areas.

wonkywinch

Visit site
FFPP President Michaël Quernez’s reaction :
“This protocol is the fruit of much hard work undertaken by the FFPP and its administrators. I wish to
thank the very constructive approach carried out by the DGDDI and the DNPAF who within a complex
geopolitical situation listened with care and attention to the concerns expressed by the harbour
authorities. Effectively, many sailors, notably the English, in a post-Brexit world, were no longer coming
to France, nor indeed were French sailors visiting the UK. This situation meant there was a huge drop
in visitors to our ports and our shoreline. This present protocol has in a robust and pragmatic manner
eased the entry and departure of sailors within the Schengen countries. It shows a strong commitment
by the harbour authorities and the FFPP who have worked to ensure this protocol will last.

Money talks :cool:

st599

Visit site
Will be interesting to see how EES changed it next year. Can't see the small marinas having a biometric scanner anytime soon.

st599

Visit site
The thread and this document title are about entering France rather than the return but what big changes are there?
The SPCR form now links to all of the UK immigration databases. So once you submit the form, you have to wait for a reply which will tell you whether each person on board can enter the UK, whether the skipper must download a guide to checking the validity of a document, check the documents and report back or whether a person must be offloaded and not brought to the UK.

As the form can only be sent within 24 hours of arrival, there's a bit of a flaw if you're already en route and are told to offload someone.

smert

Visit site
An interesting point about not hoisting a Q flag. I wonder where the author got that information?
We were advised by the Marina manager in Cherbourg (whose name escapes me) not to raise the Q flag unless we had something to declare. This was on a webex call with our club about the procedures etc for entering France, a couple of years ago.

Sandy

duckduckgo.com
We were advised by the Marina manager in Cherbourg (whose name escapes me) not to raise the Q flag unless we had something to declare. This was on a webex call with our club about the procedures etc for entering France, a couple of years ago.
That might be local practice. Did anybody check with the Douane or Police Aux Frontières?

Boathook

Visit site
The SPCR form now links to all of the UK immigration databases. So once you submit the form, you have to wait for a reply which will tell you whether each person on board can enter the UK, whether the skipper must download a guide to checking the validity of a document, check the documents and report back or whether a person must be offloaded and not brought to the UK.

As the form can only be sent within 24 hours of arrival, there's a bit of a flaw if you're already en route and are told to offload someone.
I looked at the new SPCR form last month and it seemed the same as before and held all last years data. Only difference is that it took a few minutes to check details of those listed for that particular passage. If you are in a poor internet connection area those few minutes may cause problems.

I tried to understand the guide but found it confusing; and if staff at airports struggle, how do they expect people who rarely see different passports will do ?

If I'm going abroad, I will get all the crews passport details well beforehand and create a passage plan to check details. The plan can always be cancelled or held as a draft.

franksingleton

weather.mailasail.com
I can only download a pdf version of the Formulsire doc. OK if you have a printer I cannot find a Word version that I can complete in soft copy. I had one last year but cannot find it now. Any advice? I think the French call it an OD version

bobgarrett

Visit site
The CA page shows ports of entry, including Roscoff. It then lists those ports with derogated powers, St Castm St Quai etc.
The list on the CA news story is the list from the Official Announcement of the Protocol. It includes all ports/marinas included in the Protocol. Some are also PPFs (ports of entry), but most are not; there are also PPFs which are not part of the protocol. The map (Channel only) shows PPFs not the ports which are in the protocol list.
Note also that I suspect some listed in the protocol may not take up the option by publishing the appropriate form or publishing the relevant email address unless they see demand.

Visit site
I can only download a pdf version of the Formulsire doc. OK if you have a printer I cannot find a Word version that I can complete in soft copy. I had one last year but cannot find it now. Any advice? I think the French call it an OD version
I am having the same problem. I can only find PDF versions of the form for the non-PPF ports. How are we supposed to email a form to the marina, if the only form obtainable is a non-editable PDF?

I am going to email the marina at Lezardrieux (our first entry point in Brittany) and ask for their advice.

EDIT - I have now found a decent Word version of the form, on the web site for the Lezardrieux marina.
You can find it at Port d'entrée - Navires Anglais - Contrôles aux frontières

Last edited:

franksingleton

weather.mailasail.com

I am having the same problem. I can only find PDF versions of the form for the non-PPF ports. How are we supposed to email a form to the marina, if the only form obtainable is a non-editable PDF?

I am going to email the marina at Lezardrieux (our first entry point in Brittany) and ask for their advice.

EDIT - I have now found a decent Word version of the form, on the web site for the Lezardrieux marina.
You can find it at Port d'entrée - Navires Anglais - Contrôles aux frontières
Problem solved - for me, at least.
When I open your link on my iPad, I only get a pdf version. But, if I use my laptop and try to enter info, I get a warning about the site being untrustworthy. In a bar along the top, I get an option to ignore the warning and can then download an editable format. Another iPad issue.