Serves 4

1/2 to 1 cup (1 to 2 sticks) unsalted butter, melted and cooled
3 cups self-rising flour
1/4 cup sugar
1 teaspoon coarse salt
1 12-ounce can beer
Fruit preserves, for serving
Directions
Over a campfire, heat enough butter to cover the bottom of a large cast-iron skillet by 1/4 inch. Place flour, sugar, and salt in a medium bowl. Stir to combine. Add beer, and stir until a soft, sticky dough forms.
Scrape dough into hot pan. Dip fingers in cooled melted butter, and press bread evenly into pan. Cover dough with a thin layer of melted butter. Cook 10 minutes. Flip, and cook until brown, about 10 minutes more. Serve topped with a dollop of fruit preserves.

Read more at Marthastewart.com: Beer Bannock Bread - Martha Stewart Recipes

Hazymoonshine

Visit site
Our recipe

Ingredients:
small amount of butter
about 2 cups self-raising flour
about 1/3 cup butter
1 cup of beer

Let your butter melt over low heat in your frying pan while you mix up the batter.

Mix the self-rising flour with the beer. If you are adding anything fold it in now. If you are adding cinnamon and sugar try to make it "swirly" in batter because its pretty when it bakes.

Put the dough into the hot butter in the pan for a few minutes on each side. Don't turn the heat too high, because the bread will cook on the outside, but not in the middle. It should take at least 5 to 6 minutes per side.

Simes

Visit site
From a Packet of Mix . . .

Try using the Italian Bread "Focaccia"

To cook put your frying pan or BBQ grill on medium a little oil and cook gently turning on occasion until cooked, should only take 5 mins or so.
Fantastic and so easy.

Simes

Sybaris

www.kjellqvist.ch
2 recipes

BREAD IN A FEW MINUTES

3 cups flour
1tsp salt
1 tbsp baking powder
½ cup butter or marg or oil
1 1/3 cups milk or water (you could use beer too I guess)

mix dry goods, cut in butter with 2 knives until crumbly or add oil together with milk
add milk or water and stir
divide the dough in half or in 3, take one part and spread out in cold frying pan with your fingers until the bottom is covered (or make a nice circle with a rolling pin but get your galley all messy) and turn on low-medium heat
cook uncovered
turn over after about 5-10 mins
when it looks done, it is done
slice like a pie and split each pie shape open to form a sandwich
you can also make individual ‘rolls’ it is just more work, rolling cutting etc
the mixture will keep covered in plastic in fridge for several days
don't be tempted to fry the whole batch at once as it becomes too thick to cook right through
you could bake the whole batch at once in oven 20 mins in hot oven, just spread out thinly on baking sheet

I make the above recipe all the time, using just a third (for 2 people) and keeping the rest in the fridge for the next days. I use water and oil as my wet ingredients.

BEER BREAD

Mix
2 2/3 cup self raising flour
1 can 33ml beer - no sipping allowed!
into a sloppy dough
put in loaf tin and bake 50 mins at 350F

I guess you could do this in the frying pan as well . In that case I would divide the dough into 2 or 3 batches.

Self Raising Flour = 1 pound flour + 2 tsp salt + 2 tblsp baking powder

Bon apetit!
Elly