Booking in advance for Corrajelo, Feurteventura

Oscarpop

Visit site
Hello all,

I'm a little confused. Apparently, in order to stay in Corralejo, you need to book in advance by filling out a specific form, then emailing it to the Puerto de Canarias office. However, I cannot find this form on their website, or anywhere else? Am I just being a bit thick?

Does anyone have a link to this form, or perhaps some advice on best way to book a berth in Corralejo?

Incidentally, the reason we're wanting to book Corralejo is because a good friend is coming to visit for a few days, and we figured this was the best place to moor in Feurteventura if having a guest come to stay (i.e., lots of bars, restaurants, plenty to do, good beach). If anyone has any other suggestions, please feel free to offer them! Feurteventura doesn't seem to have too many options apart from Gran Tarajal, which doesn't look very atmospheric? Or am I wrong there, too?

Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks!

rickym

yachtgalene.blogspot.co.uk
Don't know where you are now but 3 years ago we got the marina in Lanzarote to book us into Gran Tarajal. Village is fine but not a lot in the Marina. When we got there the office had no record of our booking! Others we knew went to Correlejo and were ticked off for not booking! Government run marinas are surposed to be booked in advance. We liked Gran Tarajal, a real village not a manufactured community.

RAI

Visit site
Formally, you are required to request permission for Junta marinas. However, even if you do, you may arrive and find that your request was denied. I got a form from Marina Rubicon, submitted it by fax for Gran Tarajal, heard nothing, turned up and was berthed three days before permission was denied because of a fishing competition. So I re-applied for having the boat on the hard. I week later this was granted.
As far as I remember Corrajelo is a bit short on space for visitors and anyway I preferred Gran Tarajal and it is closer to the airport.