Boating memories

kashurst

Visit site
This is one of my favourites, a long time ago now. All the youngsters are grown up with jobs, houses etc.

7a3lvID.jpg

Canopy Locked

Visit site
That is pretty bad...I’ve never had my wipers on above intermittent ....were you being rescued ?
Last stage of a ferry trip back from Ireland. The engine had quit, dusk falling and we were being blown towards the shore about 2 miles away - we assumed it was filters but it was simply too dangerous to try and lift the large box that covered the engine as we were drifting beam on and rolling really badly. As it turned out it was nothing to do with the fuel filters. The next morning we checked the fuel system starting at the filters and worked back until we found the problem - the previous owner had put in a non return valve (with a mesh) into the fuel line between the tank and the 1st filters. This had completely clogged. Simple remedy to cut it out and re-join the pipe. We had no idea why he'd done this!

Bouba

Visit site

piratos

Visit site
A memory from cruising in Sweden 2022.
In 2023 boat was sold, and another recently bought. Next three years will be cruising from Adriatic to the Baltic.

Attachments

• sweden.jpeg
    sweden.jpeg
    412.4 KB · Views: 11

Other threads that may be of interest