Boat Show Rogues!!

daveb73

Visit site
So what's the point of the show?

same as is of most of the retail stores - you come in, firsthand test the stuff (a shoe or a 62' cat, doesn't matter), you go home and order it online cheaper.
And of course, if it weren't for the shows, some would never get to board or even see the subject of their wet dreams

Hot Property

Visit site
I visited on the first Saturday and went round all the outboard vendors in the hope of securing a fair deal on a 115 hp. Suzuki stand didn't take my enquiry seriously, selva (badge engineered Yamaha were way off on price. Mercury dealer friendly but I wasn't convinced on their version.

Yamaha chap was interested and gave me a fitted price which was better than any of the others.

Honda chap was good too, he wanted to do a deal and we had a good discussion on the merits of their engines.

Roll clock forward 2 weeks and I have just ordered a Honda BF135 from same dealer at show - D&R engineering.

Having researched prices before going to LIBS I am happy that I have a reasonable deal.

I was offered a Yam F130 demonstrator for £100 less but a new honda with full 6 yr warranty won the day.

In summary then, I didn't actually get a deal at the show but the company I met there led to a deal and I wouldn't have considered them otherwise.

And yes, the fender lines were outrageously priced!