Boat Hire

Switch

Visit site
Hello All,

I am an experienced motor boater based in the Solent. I’d like to experience the delights of boating on the Thames. Could anyone recommend a boat hire company to give me a taster? Probably just a day hire to begin with but then perhaps a few days. Could you also recommend the best location to hire from. I was in Walton on Thames today and that looked a lovely spot.
Thanks for any advice.
Terry

harvey38

Visit site
Hello All,

I am an experienced motor boater based in the Solent. I’d like to experience the delights of boating on the Thames. Could anyone recommend a boat hire company to give me a taster? Probably just a day hire to begin with but then perhaps a few days. Could you also recommend the best location to hire from. I was in Walton on Thames today and that looked a lovely spot.
Thanks for any advice.
Terry
If you think Walton is nice, wait until you get above Maidenhead 😊Photo 2008-07-16 19.09.39 (2).jpg

volvopaul

hotmail.co.uk
Hello All,

Thanks for any advice.
Terry
Hi Terry we hired a small day boat at Abingdon recently for 4 hours , got to Sandford and back in that time with a stop at the kings above the lock , it’s wetted our appetite for a slower pace of boating , we are now seriously looking for a boat .
I must say I am a bit disappointed in reading that the moorings at certain areas are not free as it’s one of the problems that everyone faces on the south coast that I don’t really want to be involved with again .

Neil1300r

Visit site

Neil1300r

Visit site
Hi Terry we hired a small day boat at Abingdon recently for 4 hours , got to Sandford and back in that time with a stop at the kings above the lock , it’s wetted our appetite for a slower pace of boating , we are now seriously looking for a boat .
I must say I am a bit disappointed in reading that the moorings at certain areas are not free as it’s one of the problems that everyone faces on the south coast that I don’t really want to be involved with again .
Lots of free moorings for the first 24 hours. The bigger issue is at weekends you need to moor up before lunchtime to guarantee finding any mooring.