Boat carpets - any thoughts?

wombat88

Visit site
Cheap outdoor carpet, the stuff with the knibs(?) on the bottom, wash it with a hose, dries quickly, doesn't slide around etc

Elessar

Visit site
Cheap outdoor carpet, the stuff with the knibs(?) on the bottom, wash it with a hose, dries quickly, doesn't slide around etc
I like sailing as much as motor boating but you don’t need to wear a hair shirt just because it’s a floaty thing.
Soft carpet is nice underfoot. And on your knees if you get lucky!

rotrax

Visit site
We splashed out on expensive custom fitted teak and holly pattern carpet for our pilothouse. After 7 years of no window covers or curtains UV had badly faded the sole.

Looks and feels great, can be lightly pressure washed if required and is outdoor quality for sports motorboats.

Should last a long time, three years in now and still very happy.

Beneteau381

Visit site
I'm busy securing the floor "panels" into the yacht with over-lapping strips to stop items falling down between the panels and into the bilge.

My next move is to cut holes for finger pulls and then lay the carpet. What color carpet would be suitable?

My first thought was charcoal but that might make the interior too dark? (The timber paneling is darkish) The ceiling is light gray.
I don't think blue or green would be suitable but maybe beige or champagne? Any thoughts?

View attachment 127055View attachment 127056View attachment 127057
We had green beneteau carpet in our 351. We fitted a light mushroom set in our 381. Felt backed, getting wet is not an issue, like our previous, there is only dust in our bilges. Keeps us warm and cozy. The woodwork is Beneteau cherry wood