BIG THANKS

Gemini

Visit site
BIG THANKS

I have posted a number of questions over the last 6 months
on 35ft plus sport cruisers. Upgrading from a Fairline Targa 28.
Final decision came down to a Fairline Targa 39 after looking at all the others manufactures out there.
Brought her back from Torquay to Brighton over the weekend, left Torquay Saturday at 10am - Alum bay I.O.W for Lunch at 13.45, Spent the night in the Hamble.
Weather for Sunday was deteriorating left Hamble at 11.00am
Heavy F5 S-S/W increasing able to cruise with careful throttle control 20-23 Knots without no slamming, arrived Brighton 13.30 Now a full F5 going F6, boat handled very well.
I would like to Thank everyone for there input and excellent information/advice.
Today it was blowing like mad F6-F7 coming over the breakwater even at half tide.
If any one is in Brighton, more than welcome cold beers available.

Frontier

Visit site
Re: BIG THANKS

So you are a happy chap sitting in Brighton then! /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif congratulations on the new boat and what sounds like a great trip.

You made good time, what sort of sea and weather (and speed ) did you have up to the IOW. I was thinking about a cruise down to cornwall some time and was wonderng how far I might get on a good day.

Gemini

Visit site

Cruising at 23-25 Knots Sea conditions F4 N - N/E once into Lyme Bay F3/F4 Portland was smooth F3 5 miles off
For East to West Passage from Solent to Torbay/Dartmouth approx 100m after that most ports alone the S/West are all within 25 -60m off each other, so short hopes in good condition and most can be made in poor conditions

jimmy_the_builder

Visit site

Well done on the trip, you definitely got in in front of the weather - I was down at the marina briefly this afternoon and it was getting quite wild.

Cheers
jimmy