Dyflin

Visit site
L203big.jpg

This young lady is a real beast.

Emma Maersk
LOA - 404m
Beam - 56.4m
Draft - 15.5m (max is 18-19m)

There are only seven ships (all tankers) longer then Emma Maersk ever built!!

She is now the longest ship at sea as the Knock Nevis (biggest ship of all time) is now an FSO.

tugboat

Visit site
Good grief! A P Moller seem to launch a new ship nearly every week. They're taking over the world, I tell you! I wish I had shares in Hempel's Paints, they must sell loads of the stuff! Methinks the future's BLUE! /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

Mirelle

N/A
Visit site
Unusually, she is named after a real lady

Emma McKinney Moller was Sir Maersk McKinney Moller's late wife; she died two years ago.

Never seen a swimming pool on a Maersk container ship.

Mind you, ours don't have them either.

We held the record for a few weeks, but Maersk were bound to regain it.

The most amazing statistic is that every cell can take a 9ft6ins high ("high cube") container.

Oh, and I gather they are just in the process of buying Hapag-Lloyd's parent company, too...

Dyflin

Visit site
Re: Unusually, she is named after a real lady

[ QUOTE ]

Never seen a swimming pool on a Maersk container ship.

Mind you, ours don't have them either.

[/ QUOTE ]

We had them on all the deep sea ships I was on, even the miserly spec'ed ULCC had a pool beside the funnel. Where else do the cadets get thrown into when they cross the line? /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

tugboat

Visit site

Eeeee, you youngsters are spoilt. I remember when we used to make our own swimming pools out of timber and tarpaulin! Actually I'm not THAT ancient, but some of the first ships I sailed on were!

huatong

Visit site

That will just a dream about Hapag-Lloyd, anyhow 8000 or 12000 40' TEU's the time for your guys to enjoy the shore side will be still 12 hrs.max. What a shame.
Better find a job on an AHTS or DP. I see you every day coming in and out of HK.NO SHORE LEAVE ACCEPTED!
Than you can say: The easiest day was yesterday, but the nights in town too.

Dyflin

Visit site

[ QUOTE ]
That will just a dream about Hapag-Lloyd, anyhow 8000 or 12000 40' TEU's the time for your guys to enjoy the shore side will be still 12 hrs.max. What a shame.
Better find a job on an AHTS or DP. I see you every day coming in and out of HK.NO SHORE LEAVE ACCEPTED!
Than you can say: The easiest day was yesterday, but the nights in town too.

[/ QUOTE ]

Huh?

landaftaf

Visit site

a welcome to our new member ..... but as TEU stands for twenty foot equivilant unit, I fail to understand any of your points at all /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif