Best thing to have on a boat 🤔?

Fire99

Visit site
Most of you will answer booze and birds 😳….but you are wrong…the correct answer is electric blanket…got one for Christmas and it’s bliss 😎😊😉🥰😍
100%. I thought they were for very old people only but I got one a year or so back and I'd never want to be without it. All sleeping in cabins now have electric blankets!! :cool:

KevinV

Visit site
I understand that an electric blanket can supply warmth and comfort, but what about exercise?

Corona Mia

Visit site
Someone that knows what they’re doing! 🤣
A Wife……
To stop you going out to sea when the weather forecast may prove to be ’optimistic’
To warn you to take extra care when returning to your ‘berth’.
To advise you that the toilet/plumbing system/ or something else seems to making ‘noises’.
And to remind you to moderate your alcohol consumption.

Oh….and as AllanG mentioned…..someone who knows what they are doing!😜

plumbob

Visit site
Desperate to avoid thread drift, I was told many years ago that 2 things you definitely do not need on a boat is a step ladder and a Naval officer.

BruceK

Visit site
Roy proof locks on your funbox is a must.

Autopilot with an on-tap G and T drinks dispenser or willing galley wench. You can buy one from The States. The other is pot luck for the brave or foolish, or a SE Asia purchase for results.

Discrete solar power to ensure funbox is always cold. None of this eco setting nonsense leading to semi warm larger and ales or flat batteries after a couple days on anchor. Noisy gennies will get you blackballed.

A proper galley. A 2 meat roast on Sunday is every man's marriage dividends. Being on anchor watching the sunset with the funbox operating fulltime is no excuse not to cash in.

A fresh water tank large enough to see you through 90% cruise time so you arent worried about water conservation. Popping into a marina for water normally adds significantly to the fuel bill just to save face, an overnight stay and an expensive meal out. Money much better spent on a bigger water tank and essential cruising victuals, like cold beer.

A proper hard bottom tender with a big enough outboard that you can let it all hang out and still tear up the water like you were 18 again.

Loads more but its 10am and time to service the funbox.

Chin chin