Best thing to have on a boat 🤔?

Bouba

Visit site
Roy proof locks on your funbox is a must.

Autopilot with an on-tap G and T drinks dispenser or willing galley wench. You can buy one from The States. The other is pot luck for the brave or foolish, or a SE Asia purchase for results.

Discrete solar power to ensure funbox is always cold. None of this eco setting nonsense leading to semi warm larger and ales or flat batteries after a couple days on anchor. Noisy gennies will get you blackballed.

A proper galley. A 2 meat roast on Sunday is every man's marriage dividends. Being on anchor watching the sunset with the funbox operating fulltime is no excuse not to cash in.

A fresh water tank large enough to see you through 90% cruise time so you arent worried about water conservation. Popping into a marina for water normally adds significantly to the fuel bill just to save face, an overnight stay and an expensive meal out. Money much better spent on a bigger water tank and essential cruising victuals, like cold beer.

A proper hard bottom tender with a big enough outboard that you can let it all hang out and still tear up the water like you were 18 again.

Loads more but its 10am and time to service the funbox.

Chin chin
Booze is the incorrect answer

BruceK

Visit site
Besides, seriously, if you need and electric blanket youve missed out on my first point. Condolences

BruceK

Visit site
:ROFLMAO: 👌 If thats what it takes. I, as you know, am a liveaboard and eschewing the cabins choose to live under canvas for the views, fresh air and easy access to the swim platform to regularly pass water at night and take in the ambience. I have never felt the need for an electric blanket even mid winter in the snow. You have missed my last point.

BruceK

Visit site
Oh, confession here, there is the element of snoring in the above equation. Dont know who is worse, but it saves on earplugs

Farmer Piles

Visit site
On tap beer dispenser.
My brother-in-law and I got invited onboard a Dutch minesweeper that was visiting Falmouth. One of the crew was celebrating his 21st and there was a big party onboard. We ended up joining the lads in their crew mess where they had Orangeboom on tap. Very unlike the USA where all the ships are totally dry. We were sh*tfaced and staggered home at about 2am. Got invited back for a proper tour of the ship the next day. Great lads.