Bene 41 trawler or rivals

ashtead

Visit site
If you are planning for future and perhaps want to cover more ground and are not bothered by speed what’s not to like about trawler type boats and say have 3 cabins plus saloon. There is a Bene 41 down from us but maybe there are are other options out there apart from say a Trader ?

Greg2

Visit site
Well we don’t have three cabins but the two we do have are perfectly adequate 😁

On a serious note we love life in the slow lane and the practicality of a trawler type has much to commend it. Boats that are designed with an eye to functionality are always a better option IMHO.

Irish Rover

Visit site
When I was actively looking for a replacement for my 34' powercat last year the Swift Trawler was one of the few monohulls I had in my searches. A friend in the marina has one and he's very happy with it, and it strikes me it could be my kind of boat. In the end I bought another powercat mainly because of the superb outdoor social space. Speed wasn't a consideration for me. My new to me boat has 2 x 320HP engines and a max speed of 24kts. It's nice to know the horses are there if you need them, but I rarely do more than 8kts.