BBC iPlayer

Ex-SolentBoy

Visit site
Thanks, good spot.

There was a thread on here a while ago with a link to a site that allows you to use I-player abroad, I forwarded it to freinds in Portugal who regularly use i-player now.

I presume it just masks PC location.......

Can you please repost the link. Thanks.

RobbieW

Visit site
VPN

Accessing the BBC iPlayer from abroad can also be done by using a VPN service, no bad thing if you spend any time on unsecured WiFi links. See https://activecaptain.com/newsletters/2011-01-05.php for more details on the arguments for this and thier assessment of products. If you follow the link from there to Astrill you can buy a years service for just under 25 squid with the discount. Astrill provide a couple of end points in the UK so no matter where YOU are, you appear to be in the UK from your IP address.

I've been using Astrill for the last month and am generally happy it, it doesnt like it if you hibernate your laptop though.

GrahamM376

Visit site
Sorry I cannot find the link I had it on old laptop, the search facility on here is not the most helpful I have ever come across..............sure somebody will be along with the knowledge.

Download Expatshield, it routes you through a UK server to fool the Beeb into thinking you're UK based. When connected to Expatshield, close the window and only then connect to iplayer. Occasionally, a second window appears with adverts, just close it.