Bavarias

paul

Visit site
I had a Bavaria (30) and sold it after 12 months. I found it too light and twitchy in stronger winds. Up until recently I also arranged an annual industry regatta wich included around 20 Bavrias in the fleet. Again I found the (36/37/38 footers) very twitchy in stronger winds. A friend with a 38 footer hit something in a river recently at around 5 kts. Whilst it didn't compromise the hull it did cause extensive damage to the interior mouldings which are designed to stiffen the boat. Another friend recently cancelled his order for a 40 odd feet version when his wife couldn't open the forecabin door when the boat was heeled over in a force 5! They are amazing value but I wouldn't feel comfortable if I found myself in big seas in one.

Bav34

Visit site
By contrast our friends who have a 30 go out in all sorts of weather and feel perfectly safe. Phoned me from Camaret last night to see when I am launching.

Also the guy who really knows the build quality of the marque is the one who carries out all the repairs in my local boatyard. Works on just about every boat made doing such things as minor grp work to major structural repairs i.e a large J boat that hit the submarine barrier. He knows what he is talking about.

He has just recommended Bavaria to his father who has ordered a new 34.

Hey ho.

p.s. interested to read that you '' also arranged an annual industry regatta wich included around 20 Bavrias in the fleet. ''

Where was that? Used to be part of my very onerous responsibilties /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif Didn't know there were fleets of 20 Bavs.