barge race

romany123

Visit site
Anybody know when the barge race is being held in the R Orwell. I have a feeling its this weekend, In which case I will sail down there
Ta

<hr width=100% size=1>Dave

romany123

Visit site
Thanks Mhouse
I will be in my favourite anchorage early and watch the fun. It,s a great day out

Sniper

Visit site
better make it Saturday, or you'll miss it all. Can't remember the precise time of kick off, but the first class is usually away around 8.00ish. A word to the wise - don't anchor off Collimer point unless you like being scared; with a NW forecast they'll be turning all the way back up the river.

<hr width=100% size=1>

romany123

Visit site
Horatio
I usually anchor up at the clamp house, well sheltered there. It real is a great day out watching them monsters coming straight at you and tacking at the last minute. Lets hope its sunny
Ta

Sniper

Visit site
Update: I'm reliably informed that the first class (bowsprit) will be away at 0700.
Course? You'll need to buy a programme and watch the committee boat on the day. Typically out of the harbour and towards Medusa/NE Gunfleet, depending on weather.

<hr width=100% size=1>

romany123

Visit site
This race is getting earlier by the minute. Still I will amble along when I ready, I'm not really interested in the race results, just watching these magnificent boats under full sail is enough for me.
Thanks for the info Horatio. Are you going?