Bank Holiday plans

thamesS23

www.spotonprint.net
Looks like the weather might hold (just).

We are hopefully going to head to Henley with an early leaving from Bray tomorrow morning, then hopefully back to Cookham for the sunday night - locks permitting!

What are other peoples plans?

Time Out

Visit site
Windsor to Hurley to set up something called a tent. Dinner at Old Belle and then upto Henley and back on Sunday for further night returning to Windsor on Monday. Boat returns to Teddington following week.

That concludes a month at Racecourse and not one single trip out without rain !!

Tomorrow also looks as if might dump some further water from the sky …

Any suggestions on Sunday lunch Henley / Wargrave area. Ideally by the river !

The Q

Visit site
1693058697860.png
Setting up our stuff this evening, then putting the road signs and banners up in the morning. Then get the visiting layouts in before the show.

thamesS23

www.spotonprint.net
Wow!
Take a berth at one restaurant's frontage - to then eat somewhere else?
Don't think that's cricket, Old Boy.
Okay in that case, moor up at the George & Dragon and then go and have an awful lunch there, which will be overpriced and served by uninterested waiting staff, who will get your orders wrong but the management won’t care because they know because of the location that someone else will fill the table next week 😁😅

Or you could moor up on the EA visitor moorings just downstream, if they weren’t all full up by some locals who know that they can moor their boats on them for free all year round, because the EA don’t bother checking their own moorings anymore!

Time Out

Visit site
I’m going to see how we get on. I generally have a rule that I don’t eat out on BH or Valentine’s Day plus you can add Christmas Day to that unless you pay mega bucks !

Im heading to Wargrave so will see how it looks

Thant said had a cracking meal at the Old Belle in Hurley last night and nice stroll back to the campsite. Not being a camper I can’t quite believe how busy Hurley is. Someone is making some sweet bucks !

Those campers have some kit too ….

Let’s see where we end up today.