Bailing out of Greece

Marsupial

Visit site
Before moving from Greece to Turkey, you might want to look at Turkey's new laws on discharge of black and grey water.

That also has Midnight Express potential.

Quite, and its all gone very quiet here about that - so is the new law IN or OUT? my spies tell me that the outcome of meeting in MUGLA 17/2/10 was inconclusive/indecisive/unclear/unknown/your guess is as good as mine etc. so the only way to find out IMHO is to have a shower on deck and see what happens! anyone up for playing spin the bottle at £10,000 a go?

falkirkdan

Visit site
Leave the Euro boys to bail them out. Not our problem.

It is not surprising they have major problems with their finance. The other night on TV they interviewed a bus driver about the possible proposed cuts in wages etc and he said he could not survive on his nett pay of €23,000 a year. Yes take home pay and this in a susposed low cost economy.

Make sure you let your MP know you dont what the UK bailing them out.

SAWDOC

Visit site
sorry if its too hard for you

P stands for Portugal

I stands for Ireland some say Italy as well

G stands for Greece

S stands for Spain

these are the counrtries that are currently presenting the greatest risk to the Euro*.

* Euro : a well konwn currency for the exchange of goods and services used in most of Europe on planet earth*.

* Planet Earth : thats the third big rock moving out from the sun.

Its that easier for you to understand?

anyway the next few months will be very interersting to see how this mess sorts itself out.

Really you needn't have bothered. The bit you might try to explain to me is why you feel the need to include an insulting BNP style acronym in your original post.

Marsupial

Visit site
Really you needn't have bothered. The bit you might try to explain to me is why you feel the need to include an insulting BNP style acronym in your original post.

What are you on about? I will no long answer any of your posts

Dan Please ban me

Visit site
Dover is approx £254 per mtr per year inc vat and electricty (£3300), or about 1/3rd of chichester (so I am led to believe). I priced my boat here (Fethiye) yesterday and it was 2,800E inc electricity.

Grief! Cardiff is £140 and my pal indicated that was much what he was paying in the cheapest marina he could find in the Marmaris area. Mind you, he gets sunshine!:eek:

If Chichester really is £750 / metre, thats utterly stupid.

DownWest

Visit site
Sawdoc, the 'insulting acronym' is in just about every financial page of the serious papers. At least Ireland has made an attempt to tackle their deficit. Marsupial may have been a touche strong in his educational post, but BNP, no.
A

Malo37

Visit site
Leave the Euro boys to bail them out. Not our problem.

It is not surprising they have major problems with their finance. The other night on TV they interviewed a bus driver about the possible proposed cuts in wages etc and he said he could not survive on his nett pay of €23,000 a year. Yes take home pay and this in a susposed low cost economy.

Make sure you let your MP know you dont what the UK bailing them out.

You obviously didn't see the report in the Sunday Times a couple of weeks ago of Birmingham dustmen earning £60k yes £60 thousand pounds a year !!

H

highandry

You obviously didn't see the report in the Sunday Times a couple of weeks ago of Birmingham dustmen earning £60k yes £60 thousand pounds a year !!

Ah! But that's the rear gunner on a Handsworth dustcart, I think the driver gets even more. :D

Squeaky

Visit site
Good evening:

Re post of Marsupial - "Quite, and its all gone very quiet here about that - so is the new law IN or OUT? my spies tell me that the outcome of meeting in MUGLA 17/2/10 was inconclusive/indecisive/unclear/unknown/your guess is as good as mine etc.

I read another post on the subject of Blue Cards and grey tanks tonight on the liveaboard forum which reports on the meeting in Mugla on 17 Feb and it seems that the result is much as I expected - further meetings will be held etc etc.

I personally never expected anyone to come right out and say that this whole project was a tempus in a teapot and therefore cancelled. No, that is not the way things are done - in order to prevent embarrassment they will hold more meetings and eventually a much weaker law will appear that applies to large gulets and yachts which can install the appropriate tanks.

For the average small yacht owner, I think and hope we can forget about this problem although it will bear watching.

Cheers

Squeaky

KevB

Visit site
Grief! Cardiff is £140 and my pal indicated that was much what he was paying in the cheapest marina he could find in the Marmaris area. Mind you, he gets sunshine!:eek:

If Chichester really is £750 / metre, thats utterly stupid.

Nah, less than half that. About £330 per metre for current berth holders depending on size of boat. inc VAT, plus electric.