B.C.Y.A. Watchet Rally Friday 15 to Sunday 17 August... everyone welcome...

tonybarebones

Visit site
B.C.Y.A. Watchet Rally Friday 15 to Sunday 17 August... everyone welcome...

There will be a drinks reception on the pontoon. Loads going on, hog roast, sea shanties, rock band, and other stuff!

HOW TO REGISTER FOR THE BCYA ENGLISH RALLY

Friday 15 to Sunday 17 August
Watchet Marina

FREE ENTRY to event for all members of BCYA affiliated clubs & marina’s

DISCOUNTED marina fees—Half Price for whole weekend when BCYA is
quoted at time of booking

Sea Shanties, A Hog Roast, numerous bands and FIREWORKS at 10pm Sat.

COMPLIMENTARY drinks reception and prize ceremony for best dressed boat
on the pontoons at 1800 hrs on Saturday the 16th.

REGISTER NOW by contacting Watchet Marina on
T:- 01984 631264 E:- james@watchet-harbour-marina.com
remember to quote BCYA to ensure you are on our list.

Last edited:

graham

Visit site
Does it require any pre registration?

Not 100% sure we will be able to go but fingers crossed.

Allan

Visit site
Graham,
Just call the marina and book in for the rally. There is a drinks reception on the pontoon. I think it will be 1800 Saturday. Loads of other stuff going on, hog roast, sea shanties, rock band, fireworks and other stuff!
Hope to see you there.
Allan

Sneds

Visit site
We went two years ago (?) and had a great weekend, otherwise occupied that weekend I'm afraid other we would have been there.

bluedragon

Visit site
Sounds like a plan.How is the mud at the moment?

For those who remember Cardiff Bay before the barrage, you'll feel right at home :D

But seriously, it should not put people off. We got back yesterday after a few very pleasant days in Watchet over the Carnival weekend. Second visit this year. They are very helpful and try to keep the visiting boats afloat whenever possible (might be more tricky with a rally though?)

We'll join the rally if around that weekend.

PS - the Fish 'n Chips seem better than ever in Watchet this year...and we're really fussy! Huge portions.

Allan

Visit site
I'm sure you can, feel free to come and find Chausey at some point, if you wish. Always nice to put a face to fellow formites!
Allan

single

Visit site
True, they are all different.I think i'll go to the boat anyway and decide first thing. New crew, so i don't want it bouncy (well not the sea!)

Earendil-uk

Visit site
Hell of a weekend chaps, thanks to all who organised or helped (now I must sober up ).
The sail home was a bit of a rollercoaster ride but just managed to get home safe but not sound :encouragement:

Allan

Visit site
Hell of a weekend chaps, thanks to all who organised or helped (now I must sober up ).
The sail home was a bit of a rollercoaster ride but just managed to get home safe but not sound :encouragement:

Direction is everything! As you know I left the same time as you and had a fantastic sail back! 15-18kts with the odd gust up to 22kts right on the beam. Chausey was flying. I'm pretty sure I got back in record time although I didn't check what time I left.
It was great to see so many people and boats there, also good to be able to put a face to another forumite.
I've just done a quick count and quess there were about 18 boats from our club.
Allan

Earendil-uk

Visit site
Direction is everything! As you know I left the same time as you and had a fantastic sail back! 15-18kts with the odd gust up to 22kts right on the beam. Chausey was flying. I'm pretty sure I got back in record time although I didn't check what time I left.
It was great to see so many people and boats there, also good to be able to put a face to another forumite.
I've just done a quick count and quess there were about 18 boats from our club.
Allan

Good for you Allan, I have to admit the first half to Minehead was really good fun I did not pirouette once, swung in around the bay to see if the RNLI raft race was happening but saw little action and headed back out to sea to make my way to Porlock, half way there all hell was let loose so decided to motor in ( only one pirouette before I pulled the sails down).As you say it was nice to meet new and old BC sailors.
Derrick

Last edited:

Allan

Visit site
It has traditionally been either the first or last weekend of the town's summertime festival. This year was at the end hence we saw the firework display. As the music festival, this weekend, is outside the town, it was felt it would be too detached from the marina. If there were enough people who would prefer a change next year I'm happy to put it to the committee. Given we had more boats than ever this year I'm not sure how popular it would be.
Allan