Athens to Levkas - Taxi/Transfer Costs

JustMelfort

Visit site
Three of us plus luggage need to get to Levkas/Lefkada Marina from Athens Airport in Aug. Due to medical condition of one person we cannot get the bus, but will probably go by taxi or transfer. The last time I did it we had pre-arranged a flat fee with a taxi driver (but I cannot recall what the final deal was - 300Euro I think).

Does anyone know what the right sort of money we should pay? Or have the details of a reliably taxi/transfer co who won't charge the earth. I have been quoted 450Euro, which is cheaper than a one-way hire car but still more than I expected.

No doubt I could barter on the day, but I suspect I won't be popular for having no arrangement in place. Very many thanks for any help you feel able to provide.

[3889]

Visit site
I was quoted 300 euro last year by the taxi we hailed at the airport, for 3 of us. We got the bus.

Last edited:

duncan99210

Winter in Falmouth, summer on board Rampage.
djbyrne.wordpress.com
Try Avis for one way rental. I've used their Preveza Airport office to do a one way hire before now, €86 on top of the daily fee, you could also check out their Nidri office. August will be high season, so you'd be looking at €80-100 a day for a car but still less than €400 you've been quoted.

Edit: just looked at the Avis site. Ouch. Silly money. Forget that as an idea. Be cheaper to buy a car than do that!

Last edited:

JustMelfort

Visit site
Try Avis for one way rental. I've used their Preveza Airport office to do a one way hire before now, €86 on top of the daily fee, you could also check out their Nidri office. August will be high season, so you'd be looking at €80-100 a day for a car but still less than €400 you've been quoted.

Edit: just looked at the Avis site. Ouch. Silly money. Forget that as an idea. Be cheaper to buy a car than do that!

Oh dear - that was sounding so good!! Many thanks

ZigZaging

yachtzigzag.life
Thanks. I may have to try on the day unless some kind soul has a contact no

Hi
We were given these 2 taxi numbers by the owner of the Mermaid Traverna in Preveza last year, be interesting to find out the cost. We have not used either so have no recommendations I'm afraid.

0030 6981 692020 Preveza taxi
0030 6944 468945 Vonitsa taxi

Both can be used Athens airport to Preveza

JustMelfort

Visit site
Hi
We were given these 2 taxi numbers by the owner of the Mermaid Traverna in Preveza last year, be interesting to find out the cost. We have not used either so have no recommendations I'm afraid.

0030 6981 692020 Preveza taxi
0030 6944 468945 Vonitsa taxi

Both can be used Athens airport to Preveza

Excellent. Very many thanks.

PPSHW

Visit site
Just been through some old emails and found these instructinos for bus transfers. Prices may have changed a little as this was 2010, I'm sure it's still better value than a taxi though... Also bus times may have changed, but I'm sure google will have the answer

Take the E93 bus to Kifisos Central coach station.

It departs from outside Arrivals (close to door 5- go outside, turn right and walk towards the end of the building). It costs €3.20 and tickets can be bought from the booth by the buses or from the driver. Once on the bus you need to validate it, using the machine, which is in the middle of the bus. The buses depart at intervals of 35mins during the day and 65mins at night. The journey time is approximately 1hr.

Once at the bus station you need to look for where the next bus departs from. It is very close / next to where you get dropped off. There will be a sign up high saying Lefkada. In Greek. Next to where the bus goes from is a small portocabin and it is here that you can purchase your ticket. It costs €29 approx.
Buses depart 07.00, 13.00, 16.30 & 20.30 (including Sunday).
The journey time takes approx. 5 ½ hours and there will be a rest stop just after you have crossed over the Patras bridge (after about 2.5hrs).