Arghhhhhhhhh!

Dipper

Visit site
Oh dear. I thought I heard a bang as I crossed in front of him. I was on port tack. Should I take a penalty?

Martin_J

Visit site
Just keep clear Dipper.. you're windward boat now.. All eyes on you both (Dipper and Sara 0.30 miles apart with 120 miles to go) - and you thought the end was going to be easy!

Dipper

Visit site
Damn. Sara was on a CC direct to the line and I was sailing TWA and got too much of a lift near the end. Nearly missed Cape Town all together but at least I am going faster now.

Martin_J

Visit site
Now we have Indiana just 6 miles behind Cobblerslast with 200 miles to go.... another close finish... And then Jaffa Kree and Whitelighter just 4 miles apart with 500 miles to go...

fireball

Visit site
Coming into the finish - about 36 hours away I recon ... should have me through the line in the early hours of wednesday morning ... hopefully before the 10am cut off ...

Started 10 days late and seemed to have caught up reasonably well ... mind u - had no real doldrums to encounter and the run down the south atlantic was a doddle - head south for the wind and follow it through - did my first gybe in a week last night ... then put another in 6 hours later ...

BrendanS

Visit site
I'm planning on trying to start on time for the 2nd leg, but the late starters did get a better choice of weather than those that set off on time