Are you there ?

DavidJ

home in Brum. S37 sold, was in Med Spain.
Visit site
Okay briefly.
Family holiday in Bude and we're all sat round the dinner table. Somehow the subject of boat names came up. Mark, my Brother in Law mentions a boat named Play d'eau owned by a former colleague. When I said I know a boat with the same name.. . In Guernsey, owned by a chap called Piers. Is his wife called Lyn? he asks. Yes, I said, she washed my shirt, I had to have the boat tour topless.
Maybe not that exciting a story after all, but a pretty big coincidence.And, one of the reasons I've stuck with YBW, I've met some great people, formed friendships and gained loads of help.
I think it’s a lovely story and a real flashback to the 70’s when things were a bit more laid back…..man!

Fire99

Visit site
I probably don't count since I've never been the most prolific poster and I was a 'raggy man' for a good few years before a break. But now a Trader 'with many jobs' owner, i've kinda drifted back in a bit. But I do have a fairly low tolerance to "I told you so" and "you're wrong because I said so" kinda posts so it doesn't take too much for me to drift off again.

Visit site
Well, I used to be a raggie. Left the forum some years back, got fed up with it . Moved . Got rid of my raggie boat after living on it for a few years. Got a little Rib. Bought a little mobo. Now got an old raggie boat too. Dip in now and again but the place has changed. Is Daka still around?

z1ppy

Visit site
Still here but you know me, shy and retiring type that doesnt have much to say and always very positive....

looking forward to you paying for beer on 27th.. is Scarlett coming to meet her new boyfriend?

P4Paul

Visit site
I still pop in to take a look around, it is not quite the place it once was.

As for what I have been up to, spent the last few years dealing with medical issues and doing some property development.
Sold the boat and bought a 30ft land yacht in 2016 which feeds the need to travel.
Keep looking for the next boat (poss. Med based), but not found 'the right one' as yet.

SpottyDog5

Visit site
Still here but you know me, shy and retiring type that doesnt have much to say and always very positive....

looking forward to you paying for beer on 27th.. is Scarlett coming to meet her new boyfriend?
I will stand you a beer as usual, I kinda expected that :) Scarlet is staying at home, we cant wait to meet the new fella...

Bouba

Visit site
Okay briefly.
Family holiday in Bude and we're all sat round the dinner table. Somehow the subject of boat names came up. Mark, my Brother in Law mentions a boat named Play d'eau owned by a former colleague. When I said I know a boat with the same name.. . In Guernsey, owned by a chap called Piers. Is his wife called Lyn? he asks. Yes, I said, she washed my shirt, I had to have the boat tour topless.
Maybe not that exciting a story after all, but a pretty big coincidence.And, one of the reasons I've stuck with YBW, I've met some great people, formed friendships and gained loads of help.
You say not an exciting story...but there was a topless boat tour....that’s the most exciting story I’ve heard this week ?

Greg2

Visit site
I am still here after twenty odd years and on our sixth mobo but with a small gaff rigged sailboat also in the fleet.

The Forum isn’t what it used to be but I still drop by regularly and try to ignore the opinionated and the tone of some interactions ?

DAKA

Visit site
Is Daka still around?
Hi, I’m still around , check in once or twice a week but dont post unless I feel I can add value
I stopped posting on a regular basis when the forum lost its sense of humour .
I started A thread recently to test the waters , “anchor’s and their insurers “ or something similar but i was blocked from Photos so i couldn't complete it