Are defroster fans serviceable?

Visit site
It feels like my Kalori ED4 defroster is making more noise than it used to. Asides from giving it a good clean with pressurized air, is there something one can do for maintenance? Certainly there must be a set of bearings on the motor shaft? I dont dare to pick it all apart when I dont know if it is supposed to serviced :)

IMG_1824 – stort.jpegIMG_1826 – stort.jpeg

William_H

Visit site
Yes it is very likely the bearings are dry and noisy. You may be able to dribble oil or WD40 into the bearing if you can rotate to get motor bearing down wards. Rotate to the other side. Failing that yes dismantle. If the motor is permanent magnet type do not with draw the rotor from the magnetic case. Check brushes also. ol'will

Visit site
Cant see any sign of brushes. And i see from the manufacturers website that they do make brushless fans. I cant see bearings either. Doesnt mean they are not there, but I kind of doubt I will be able to get any oil in there :)

wonkywinch

Visit site
Yes it is very likely the bearings are dry and noisy. You may be able to dribble oil or WD40 into the bearing if you can rotate to get motor bearing down wards. Rotate to the other side. Failing that yes dismantle. If the motor is permanent magnet type do not with draw the rotor from the magnetic case. Check brushes also. ol'will
Be careful, standard WD40 is not a lubricant. It's for "water displacement" hence the WD, their 40th attempt at making it

Visit site
Could be the brushes are under the "SPAL" plastic. No way to open it whitout getting the fan body out of the way. And the fan does not let go off the axle. Pulling any harder on it will brake it, so I guess this one is not very serviceable :)

IMG_1828.jpeg

IMG_1829.jpeg