Are boats selling ?

Frontier

Visit site
I have had my boat for sale for a while, but no interest. It seems that the market is still slow. The brokers say they are beginning to see increased interest. Just wondering if that is reflected in the learned opinion on here.

D

Frontier

Visit site
Yes that's what I thought, but I also expected some interest. Maybe the broker gets silly offers and doesnt pass them on to me, but I dont think so, they seem to just be very quiet.

Seems like a fantastic time to buy a boat. I know when I put mine up for sale the Broker said I had picked a very fair price, I have since reduced it by about 10% but it didn't stimulate interest.

When I was a buyer in 2005 you had to be pretty quick or they were gone.

Just have to wait and see. At least we have it to use for holidays, although once you make your mind up to sell, its quite heart wrenching using the boat, as it makes you want to keep it.

D

Deleted User YDKXO

I think whilst the weather is so sh**e, nobody is going to think about buying a boat. As soon as the sun comes out, which I guarantee it will, buyers will start appearing

www.hydraulicpartsdirect.co.uk
Yes a bit of sun would help - Thanks for the encouragment Deleted User

Had my last one for sale for best part of a year. Then traded it in to NYA against my current boat and they then sold my old one within a couple of months ( advertised at same price as I had it advertised for) . Guess its about price , location , weather , brokers and a whole lot of other factors.

Afraid Knot

Visit site
Well may not specifically help you but we picked up the keys to our, new to us, boat today.

The Broker, who we know well anyway, sold three secondhand and 4 new in the last 10 days, but I will stress that all the boats that are selling are well kept, well maintained and beautifully presented. In a buyers market buyers can afford to be very picky.

And be prepared for some hard haggling.

Cheers ..............

martin

Visit site
I agree. I am in the market for next boat. Been looking for a while. Seen some good and some shockers.

It doesn't take much...well maintained, well presented, clean boats sell.

crazy4557

Visit site
Sold my part ex boat last week that I took in last Autumn, you need a good broker along with a clean well presented boat at a realistic price and it will sell. My broker's been bonkers busy since the New Year, can't get enough good stock to replenish his dwindling stock.

lanerboy

Visit site
I sold my boat last year very quickly about 4 weeks from day of advertising it had 3 people after it in the end

I know 2 people who are actively looking for boats at the moment and cannot find a decent boat the decent ones are selling but the rough ones nobody wants (I am not saying yours is a rough boat by the way :) )

I wouldn't just rely on your broker personally i would be pushing the boat myself through other avenues as nobody will try harder than you to sell it

good luck

Greg2

Visit site
Had my last one for sale for best part of a year. Then traded it in to NYA against my current boat and they then sold my old one within a couple of months ( advertised at same price as I had it advertised for) . Guess its about price , location , weather , brokers and a whole lot of other factors.

NYA have been doing well for a long time. My lad has been flat out all of January and it has continued into February so boats definitely selling for them. Not sure it is the same everywhere though.

Cozzy

Visit site
A very good friend of mine has recently had his offers of 20% below asking price refused on three boats rejected. All part of the negotiating process he reckoned so he called all three brokers to revise his offer. All three boats had sold within two weeks of his first offer. This was within the last two weeks and he has been told that the market is starting to move and that the selling price was about 10% below asking in each case. All part of the learning curve for him as he rethinks his budget. The boats were 38ft sports cruisers in the 110k to 120k bracket.

oldgit

Visit site
Two or three boats to my knowledge have been sold very recently.There will be a few buyers around at this time of the year however they will not be the impulse buyer we all dream about, but people wanting to drive a very hard bargain indeed.
One boat sold directly to a broker for stock.

aquapower

Visit site
A good indication is to look at what's under offer/sold on the brokers website, also worth looking to see if they are selling stock boats or boats on brokerage.

Visit site
We have never been busier when it comes to well presented, sensibly priced boats.

It isn't the time of year specifically. We simply haven't stopped since last season.

Good boats are selling extremely fast. Keeping them looking good in the current weather is very tricky, but if your boat is priced right, looks right and you are prepared to negotiate a bit then it will sell.

If your broker is quiet then there is something wrong and the answer will be very simple to find. We have never been busier.

Chris_d

Visit site
Well one reason might be the broker Frontier, I just googled Spirit 3000 for sale and 11 boats came up and none of them were yours!

Truro Ex Pat

Visit site
I have had my boat for sale in Spain for 2 years, it was the cheapest in the world when i listed it and have never had one offer well just one which was 50K lower than asking.
I would say nothing is selling as I have been looking at a couple of boats for 12 months and they are still for sale.
I have recently looked again at prices anbd there are some now 15K less than my asking and 2 years newer so I think I need to drop price to below again and hope it moves, problem is I need a boat in the summer this year so will discount in July and hope it goes.