Aquasignal deck and steaming light

Dazedkipper

Visit site
Has anyone found a replacement mast mounted combination light that is a direct replacement for the Aquasignal Series 25? Mine is an early one, '87 and the two prong deck light bulb socket has failed. I haven't removed the assembly so it may be possible to replace just the socket but as the whole thing is 35 years plus it's probably time to do the whole thing. My main concern with replacements is that the holes are in the same place.

Refueler

Visit site
I replaced AQ25 with Lalizas .. but that was side lights - fitted OK ...

I know its probably no use - but you can actually get DIY Spot Welders for joining batterys ... the plate used for joining is good enough to recreate the tabs in your light .. punch divot to hold bulb .. bend and spot weld to old .....
Spot welders can run from 12v .. LiPo .... etc and cost anywhere from 20 to ??? euros.

They are good to repair all sorts of gear that can break like metal tabs etc - as long as they are thin.

Daverw

Visit site
We swapped ours out about 6 years ago, did think about just swapping the bulb with led but found the existing fitting not too good. The replacement has a sealed led fitting and is far better, only took a few minutes to swap out

Never Grumble

Visit site
We swapped ours out about 6 years ago, did think about just swapping the bulb with led but found the existing fitting not too good. The replacement has a sealed led fitting and is far better, only took a few minutes to swap out
By any chance do you know whatnot light you fitted. Like the OP my steaming light stopped working south of Portland last Friday evening and I am keen to replace fitting for LED, although not 100% I think mine is also a combined deck/steaming light Aqu-signal 25. Of course as long as the copper wiring isn't rotten.

Daverw

Visit site
It’s only held with small 3.2mm rivets so any small hand rivet tool will do it, as the wings are plastic I just used aluminium rivets as Monel I felt a bit over the top.

Refueler

Visit site
If the unit is old and contacts are corroded / weakened - then replacement ... but if unit is in good order - then why ?

I see the comments about not putting in LED festoon ... well sorry - if unit is still serviceable good order - that is exactly what I would do .... no need to be silly and waste money.

OP has failed contacts ... with a bepsoke item that is not easily replaced - then the Spot Welder can be a saviour .. but for an Aquasignal 25 - a std item ... then its easily replaced .. I have a bag of lights ... LED and filament versions ... none are expensive ...
I am in process of replacing various on my 'fleet' ....

Some have had LED Festoons in for years .. but now contacts are corroded and time to replace units.

Daverw

Visit site
One of the reasons I changed mine was that the original was a poor design I felt, the deck lamp was only held in by the electrical pins, mine kept coming loose and at least once fell out, changing the bulb would not have fixed that.

Dazedkipper

Visit site
Thanks all for your comments. I think my light is well past its sell by date so a full replacement would be prudent, I have definitely had my monies worth out of it!
As I said, I haven't removed it so don't know what the steaming lens is like nor the bulb contact leaf springs but when I look at the low level lights and also the tri-white they are showing their age.