Anything ever heard about the missing narrow boat?

VicS

Visit site
Has there ever been any more news about the missing narrowboat Holly or the person who hired her?

aknight

yachtarabella.blogspot.com
Not sure if we're at cross-purposes, but the report I linked to says he was last seen in Market Drayton on 20 March. It doesn't mention any sighting on 16 April ( or were you trying to create a link to a different report rather than referring to my link?)

jax

Visit site
Hi Andrew,
Not trying to create new link but I hit 'news' on the post and came up with the report that he had been sighted 3 weeks after collecting the boat. Sorry if I've caused miss info. All that apart I'ts a mystery where the boat and man have gone.
Regards Jax

Sammo

Visit site
Yes but the rivers are a lot deeper…..he could have scuppered it on the Severn and made off ….but then surely someone must have seen him..

Rum_Pirate

Visit site
Regarding the NB Holly I just couldn't believe it when I compared the pics of her shown on the canalworld forum with the pic I took on the Hatton Flight. I was even more amazed when Middlewich NB confirmed that it was indeed her.

So what happened to the chap on board originally?

JonBelcher

Visit site
Just to let you know, the boat was found this afternoon having been repainted first blue, and was in the process of being painted black. It was found at Kirtlington, Oxford Canal.

VicS

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
repainted first blue, and was in the process of being painted black

[/ QUOTE ] I guess no one is now looking for a body then, just a thief. Thanks for letting us know.