Anyone want a FREEBIES holiday / delivery trip ?

Heckler

Visit site
Spot on. Insured boat, what on earth are all these barriers going up for???

It's only around 900miles. 7 days. Plus one more to get the boat ready and a zillion pit stops available on the way. Easy, don't know why some are making such a fuss over something so simple.

Would I do it? Well if I was sat about, of course. Sounds great. Good luck and fair winds to whoever goes.

Indeed, some on here should do a bit more serious sailing!
Stu

RupertW

Visit site
Indeed, some on here should do a bit more serious sailing!
Stu

No problem with the voyage which will be cold but fun, just with being uninsured against the owners insurance company or a crew members family if they get hurt or killed. Many of us have been perfectly happy on a delivery or our own boat on very similar or longer trips as the legalities are clear in both situations.

reginaldon

Visit site
Having just plodded through this interesting thread, I am reminded of St Paul's shipwreck on Malta in winter - he warned the skipper that it could result in major loss and possibly loss of life.

alant

Visit site
Clearly this has not been though through or somebody wants something for nothing.

The OP really needs to speak to the professionals in the business and understand what he needs to do about getting the two boats moved.

Personally, I'd asking why the OP is not skippering one of the boats if it that urgent that they are moved at the end of the month; nothing stopping him doing two delivery runs unless he wants something for nothing.

The OP is a professional in the business.