Anyone know these twits?

Triassic

Visit site
Given their apparent lack of navigation and seamanship skills I'm tempted to ask was it their boat......? One would really like to think the police covered the basics and didn't just focus on this weeks priority of giving them a "telling off".

Juan Twothree

Visit site
the lifeboat is called and they are loath to go home with "no lives saved" when they may be under pressure from their bosses to have a result?

There is no pressure whatsoever, nor has there ever been any.

If we go out and someone declines any assistance, then that's fine, we'll go home again.
However, if I feel they are in a genuinely dangerous situation, I will advise them as such, preferably over the VHF, so that the conversation is recorded. That way, when their boat gets wrecked on a lee shore shortly afterwards (as has happened in the past), they can't turn round and say they hadn't been warned.

MikeCC

www.allGadgets.co.uk
It's unfortunate that "gave assistance to" isn't as grabbing as "rescued" in a headline.
The lifeboat crew did the right thing and possibly averted a more difficult task later, perhaps in the dark.
Anyway, a nice early start for my usual observation that we haven't had a summer unless someone has parked on Pole Sands.

Sandy

duckduckgo.com
It's unfortunate that "gave assistance to" isn't as grabbing as "rescued" in a headline.
The lifeboat crew did the right thing and possibly averted a more difficult task later, perhaps in the dark.
Anyway, a nice early start for my usual observation that we haven't had a summer unless someone has parked on Pole Sands.
As they say on the Exe either you have been aground or are lying.

I beautiful estuary, but I am glad the boat is now in Plymouth with all tide access.