Any of the SoF lot around next thursday (July 2nd)

jimmy_the_builder

Visit site
Sorry, not me - I'm there the day before, and two days after, but not the Thursday. Good luck with the viewing. (Watch out for industrial action on the trains, it was mentioned on the radio today).

Last edited:

mcanderson

Visit site
There is always talk of the next train strike just listen to Riviera Radio and you would think the whole thing is doomed. Mine train today from BSM to Nice St Augustine for the airport was great and €3.20.

Now the three hour delay on my BA flight is another matter.

mcanderson

Visit site
In revenge for Uber the taxi drivers are doing fixed fees right now. The crazy thing is the fixed fees are lower than the metered fee.

I use blacklane down here and they are excellent. Let me know if you want a €10 discount code.

jimmy_the_builder

Visit site
There is always talk of the next train strike just listen to Riviera Radio and you would think the whole thing is doomed. Mine train today from BSM to Nice St Augustine for the airport was great and €3.20.

Now the three hour delay on my BA flight is another matter.
Are you in the lounge at T1 by any chance?

Nick_H

www.ybw-boatsforsale.com
In revenge for Uber the taxi drivers are doing fixed fees right now. The crazy thing is the fixed fees are lower than the metered fee.

I use blacklane down here and they are excellent. Let me know if you want a €10 discount code.

How do you even get them to use the meter? I was thrown out of a taxi with my bags on the way to the airport for trying to insist that the driver use the meter, rather than just think of a number when he got there.

I had heard that you can get better rates with Uber now, but who or what is blacklane?

Jez, I'm not around either.

mcanderson

Visit site
Jimmy I was. It was almost fun watching people kick off. Were you on the LGW flight? It left the same time as our delayed flight. I don't mind the little lounge at T1.

Nick, Blacklane are are private car booking company that run worldwide. I found them last year when we moved our boat down and after using the taxis once. www.blacklane.com is thier address. As an example its less than €60 from the airport to BSM in an E class or somehting similar. New cars, polite drivers who offer water and will put music on you like as well as run the aircon. What is not to like.

A&K

Visit site
I managed to get an uber from antibes to the airport and it was about eur30! Older car but driver was pleasant. The problem is there aren't many uber drivers and getting attacked by the cartel of drivers at the airport doesn't help. Still surprised the drivers at the airport get enough biz to keep the cars they do given we all go out of our way to avoid them! Suppose there's enough tourists willing to pay / unaware of the prices!

jimmy_the_builder

Visit site
I managed to get an uber from antibes to the airport and it was about eur30! Older car but driver was pleasant. The problem is there aren't many uber drivers and getting attacked by the cartel of drivers at the airport doesn't help. Still surprised the drivers at the airport get enough biz to keep the cars they do given we all go out of our way to avoid them! Suppose there's enough tourists willing to pay / unaware of the prices!

Riviera Radio is reporting that they've started arresting Uber drivers down here for 'illegal passenger carrying activities', four have been arrested this week, the most recent at the airport last night.

jimmy_the_builder

Visit site
Im flying into Nice to view a boat and I don't expect it will take all day.

Wondered if anyone was about. Flight home departs 19:50

Given your day job I imagine you already know this, but the local radio is reporting that the French air traffic controllers are striking tomorrow and Friday.

mcanderson

Visit site
Given your day job I imagine you already know this, but the local radio is reporting that the French air traffic controllers are striking tomorrow and Friday.

I have been watching this coming. I am due to fly down on Thursday and my wife on Friday - oh the joys of thinking what the possibilities of us both arriving are.

Other threads that may be of interest