Antifouling - inland waterways

SimonA

Visit site
Compass24.com have "cruising antifouling" for inland waterways at £50 for 2 x 2.5L. That sounds a good price.

Has anyone used the compass antifouling paint? I have no idea what is on the bottom at the moment, so I guess I'll have to put a barrier layer on first.

I also have a boot line in green around the waterline. I think this is International Brightside Norfolk Green. It doesn't last very long so close to the waterline. Do you know of an alternative product for painting around the waterline?

Timothy

Visit site
I notice that you keep your boat on the Ouse. Different waterways as I am sure you appreciate, can favour certain anti fouls. We spent many years on the Thames and then eight years on the Ouse before moving back to the Thames five years ago. Having experimented with different types, without a doubt the best anti foul we used on the Ouse and now on the Thames is made by Plastimo. We have just purchase a 2.5 ltr tin from LH Jones marina at St Ives for under £40

Timothy

Visit site
You will get at least one coat and I would have thought two. Start the second coat on the important places i.e. bow, stern / transom and from the waterline down to the chine. Do not use standard anti foul on aluminium outdrive legs.