Antifoul

jezjez

Visit site
My boat is new to me, was pressure washed before i saw the bottom. It's got a couple of spots needing primer, then antifoul.
My question, please, is if I go on the scrubbing posts how long should I wait to put on primer and antifoul - should I rub down with a towel or the like to try to dry surface or will sitting about after the tide's gone out be enough?
I'm onlty planning to prime the bear bits - how long before I can whip some antifoul on top of hte primer?
I am imaging I've got about 5-7 hours in total. The scrubbing posts uncover relatively quickly. This is at Waldringfield.

Spuddy

Visit site
depends on patch size but for quicker drying use the towel dipped in meths to wipe with - the alcohol sort of absorbs the water.
And / or could use hair dryer ( 12v caravan type ) to speed drying of hull and paint

Casey

Visit site
Whenever I paint anything I always go over the area both before and after sanding with a degreasr. In the case of antifouling I will only sand with wet and dry and even try to avoid that. It is surprising how much dirt comes off a surface on a rag that is soaked in degreaser that you thought was clean. The methylated spirit that Spuddy mentions might do but I prefer using the proprietary brands and use Blakes.