Anti Fowl (real)

quaelgeist2

Visit site
With some disgust I have watched over the recent weeks a pair of ducks taking possession (possibly just squatting) of a bathing platform of a neighbouring sailing boat. The boat has been neglected since beginning of the season and (it's a Oceanis 321) the cosy design of the platform apparently makes a good ducks' bed. Surprisingly enough they haven't build a nest there...)

So far being lucky as there are alternatives to our boat, frequently used anyway, I noticed with some concern the similarity of transom constructions.

Apart from the ubiquious netting from the transom down over the platform, is tehre any other proven defence?

NB Yes, I know from first hand that using it frequently helps, too, but sometimes job and family gang up and take over ;-).

<hr width=100% size=1>

ccscott49

Visit site
Doesn't take long to hose off the mess, with a brush, they're happy and would otherwise be homeless, the very thought of evicting them, terrible! The best way I found, was to put a little water and some bread on the pontoon, they take up residence there instead!!

<hr width=100% size=1>

wiggy

Visit site
Try covering the platfrom in vasaline, the little gits will never get on!!!!!!
p.s. dont forget it is there next time you board

<hr width=100% size=1>