Another stripped boat project

oldgit

Visit site
Can see this boat ? from my front window, it has been sitting there for ages next to the covered slip in Chatham Dockyard.
Seem to recall a previous very similar size and class of boat sitting there in a similar condition prior to this one.

Mr Googler

Visit site
I’d love to do a project like that. Problem is…..it will always be that boat wot sunk. Quick internet and someone will find its history ?

i don’t think you’d get change from 200k by the time you re engine. Why rewire first!

Bigplumbs

Visit site
So many dreamers in this hobby. They strip it all out, Chuck it all away and then havn't a clue what to do next apart from try and sell it as a Blank Canvas

ridgy

Visit site
This one?

In the comments:
"Hi dose anyone have anymore information on this boat. Or photos or videos I have recently purchased this boat and would like to know how the damage was caused. As the boat is in plenty of water and I cannot see anything that they hit "

I assume this to be the current seller. All very odd.

PowerYachtBlog

www.poweryachtblog.com
This one?

In the comments:
"Hi dose anyone have anymore information on this boat. Or photos or videos I have recently purchased this boat and would like to know how the damage was caused. As the boat is in plenty of water and I cannot see anything that they hit "

I assume this to be the current seller. All very odd.

I don't know the story on this one. But I heard some news of Pearl 60s delaminating. I actually saw one on the flesh with this problem, which was resolved by Pearl.

Hurricane

Visit site
Is it the one that hit the reef in Santa Ponca.
If so, there was a huge legal battle.
IIRC, the insurance company took Pearl to court.
I may be wrong but I understand that the surveyor said that the thickness of the laminate where the P Brackets connected the hull was thinner than the spec.
I understand that the judge only had this to go on so ruled in favor of the insurance company.
Even though the idiot who was driving actually caused the incident by driving over the reef.
The reef is well marked.
20190906_154154.resized.jpg

I might have the wrong boat though.

Other threads that may be of interest