Another Portofino Question

tr7v8

Visit site
Could be Cummins although they don't do a 420HP the nearest is a 430C at 430HP, Cat do a 420 but they'd be yellow and I cannot believe someone would repaint them!

Jim
------

<hr width=100% size=1>

longjohnsilver

Visit site
Ah but you're probably thinking of current engine range, don't forget these are almost certainly a good few years old.

<hr width=100% size=1>

miket

Visit site
The photos helped a lot.

I think Pauline is right, Med builder.
As for engines, I looked at a Hatteras 40 (c.1988) with Cat's and they were white not yellow, and not repainted.
Why did you think they were Lister? Something must have triggered it.

Don't know how far you are with the purchase, but don't compare this boat with the Riva Superamerica, on price. Very different animal.

<hr width=100% size=1>

Divemaster1

Visit site
Could be...

Flybridge Profile and side window looks pretty similar to the mid 80's Guy Couach 1400 ... ( look at torpedo screen and flybridge front overhang + angles of side window).

gEV1216A.JPG

In the late 1960 and early 1970's, guy Couach had the hulls made of wood..., but most of the Guy Couach products have the exhaust led on the outside..., to my knowledge that is...

(below is a link to views of a late 1960's 16M...)

<A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.annoncesbateau.com/360_gallery.php?ref_annonce=4857&mode=detail&page=2>http://www.annoncesbateau.com/360_gallery.php?ref_annonce=4857&mode=detail&page=2</A>

Otherwise, I draw a blank here and have to agree that it will be some Med. boatyard. Find it strange that the owner, broker does not know, nor that there is no indication of builder anywhere on the vessel.

<hr width=100% size=1>Alf

sgball

Visit site
Thank you all - you comments are appreciated.

The owner has just emailed me back all he can add is "The Lloyds Register document states that the model is Portofino and the manufacturer is Riva".

He thinks the GRP coat has been on from new.

Oh and Portofino is a village in Italy, which he thinks has a boat builders yard.

He can provide me with the original order number and model number which is fixed over the door.

So do I go ahead and pay out for a survey, or do I leave well alone.

What would you now pay for the boat now it turns out it probably wasn't built by Riva.

All along the Owner has stated the manufacturer was Riva, which was of course what originally caught our eye. As someone said there is no such thing as a free lunch!

Trudie

<hr width=100% size=1>

sgball

Visit site
Re: Could be...

Thank you Alf
That really helps - its even got the same storrage cupboards. The cabin is almost identical in layout.

Same price as well!
Trudie

<hr width=100% size=1>

EME

www.lumishore.com
I'de leave well alone BUT there are some steps that you can take first without expense.. Without reminding everyone over what I have just been through over trying to prove title , i treally is not a worthwhile exercise to do surveys before seing ALL available documentation. If the plates say it's one boat ( and it doesn't appear to be) then be careful. If you need to know what docsare requiredto Part 1 register in theUK go the MCA site.

My advice would be to ask the broker for copies of ALL documentation that is pertinent to theboat since original purchase.

i.e. Builder's certificate
All Bills ofsale
VAT documantation etc.

You can justify the request on the basis that the boat will have to be UK-registered for financing reasons and although that only means that 5 yrs data is required (??), I am guessing he will have no idea of that. When you see that data you will have a better idea of what is reallly going on.

My hunch would be that the broker will try and avoid providing it , if he does PULL OUT.

P.S. Pailine will hate me sayingit but if it genuinely is a Guy Couach they are pricey French boats, so no reason to advertise as a Riva...

<hr width=100% size=1><font color=blue>I am WHAT I say I am</font color=blue>