Another new Nordhavn

ShaneAtSea

Visit site
Or you can do as the Americans:
With nothing in the bank, you just borrow whatever you need for the boat.
Same as with a house, a car, a TV, whatever...

I remember Jeremy Clarkson once saying that if you have to ask what the price of a Lamborghini is then you probably cant afford it.

And Louie CK said that when he was buying his boat the dealer said you should only buy a boat when you can afford to buy ten of them.

But i guess its down to personal choice.

Sticky Fingers

Visit site
This forum is a temple of man maths. Anyone worshipping here will eventually convince themselves that they can afford to buy and keep any boat their heart desires:love: Of course the real problem is getting our SWMBOs to worship in the same temple
:) Mike, I solved this conundrum by lending my Man Maths calculator to my wife. She used it for her own ends one time and that's it.

MapisM

Visit site
Is your avatar an example of high EGT damage?

What about your avatar which as far as I can see is a poor little tuna fish taking its last breath before it ends up undercooked on somebody's plate
Neither.
It's a photo which is part of the Enosim collection, a very peculiar series of images taken along the shores of the island which is my home port, by a chap who on top of being a great photographer is also a boating mate of mine.
Myself and the Admiral loved the colours of the original one enough to place it in our saloon...

Bouba

Visit site
Neither.
It's a photo which is part of the Enosim collection, a very peculiar series of images taken along the shores of the island which is my home port, by a chap who on top of being a great photographer is also a boating mate of mine.
Myself and the Admiral loved the colours of the original one enough to place it in our saloon...
I have to admit, I’m in the Mike camp, I also thought it was a tuna. Actually I still do?‍♂️??

MapisM

Visit site
I honestly don't know what exactly the thing is/was.
But if you check out the link to the whole collection in my previous post, you will see that all photos were taken on garbage of all sorts, brought by the sea on the island shores during storms.
If you scroll at the bottom of that webpage, you will find also a brief comment on the philosophy behind the artwork.

Bouba

Visit site
I honestly don't know what exactly the thing is/was.
But if you check out the link to the whole collection in my previous post, you will see that all photos were taken on garbage of all sorts, brought by the sea on the island shores during storms.
If you scroll at the bottom of that webpage, you will find also a brief comment on the philosophy behind the artwork.
I did read his comments and I have been studying the pictures. He is a talented photographer, the perspective change the more you stare at them, like an optical illusion. My conclusion is that it’s a piece of foam rubber, with a manufactured hole, perhaps a flip flop or even a boat fender

MapisM

Visit site
Possibly. I really don't know, and I never wondered.
As the author would say, it's now its "soul" that is somewhat attractive, more than its origin.
In some of his photos it's clear what the object was, in some others not so much, but it's always irrelevant anyhow.
For myself and the Admiral, the shades of blue (stunning in flesh) are what we liked most - together with the fact that blue is also in the boat name.
BUT, now you made me curious, so the next time I'll meet him, I'll ask if he remembers more about that thing! :unsure:

AndieMac

Visit site
I did read his comments and I have been studying the pictures. He is a talented photographer, the perspective change the more you stare at them, like an optical illusion. My conclusion is that it’s a piece of foam rubber, with a manufactured hole, perhaps a flip flop or even a boat fender
I thought it was obvious B........an alien lying face down in the sand, gasping with its mouth open :)

MapisM

Visit site
Haha, do tell C, are you "seeing" that now, or are you remembering it because we talked about it while you were here? I can't recall if we did.
Anyway, you are spot on. Indeed the above image title translates in EN along the lines of "Agony On Stage", which is what the author saw in it.

How's things down under, BTW?
I hope the sh!tshow isn't hurting your activity too badly... Though I fear it is to some extent, at least with foreign visitors?

D

Deleted User YDKXO

:) Mike, I solved this conundrum by lending my Man Maths calculator to my wife. She used it for her own ends one time and that's it.

Are you mad? You can't allow your wife to apply man maths principals to anything she wants? Dont tell me. You've recently found that you've got a new kitchen, maybe an extension or two, certainly a wardrobe full of new shoes:oops: Man maths is only for those of us who have spent many years studying its principles and laws

ShaneAtSea

Visit site
Are you mad? You can't allow your wife to apply man maths principals to anything she wants? Dont tell me. You've recently found that you've got a new kitchen, maybe an extension or two, certainly a wardrobe full of new shoes:oops: Man maths is only for those of us who have spent many years studying its principles and laws

I use Man Maths but i also have a secret bank account that she doesnt know about :cool:

Because you never know what the future holds

;)

Sticky Fingers

Visit site
? Mad I may well be..... She used it to justify spending 80k on a new car to replace a 35k one, and prove to herself that it was cheaper, in every way... she's also been the architect of the 'we need to go bigger' strategy in boat buying which I find a touch remarkable...

Bouba

Visit site
I use Man Maths but i also have a secret bank account that she doesnt know about :cool:

Because you never know what the future holds

;)
As long as your future doesn’t include your other half getting a divorce lawyer who’s also a boat owner and reads these threads?

D

Deleted User YDKXO

? Mad I may well be..... She used it to justify spending 80k on a new car to replace a 35k one, and prove to herself that it was cheaper, in every way... she's also been the architect of the 'we need to go bigger' strategy in boat buying which I find a touch remarkable...

Trouble is that 'we need to go bigger' and man maths could also be applied to far more ruinous purchases than cars or boats. Houses for example:mad: Man maths really should only be applied to the kind of items we men need eg boats, cars, motorbikes and aircraft

Megs20Burt!

Visit site
I did look into the Grand Trawler 62 which has a price of £1.3m (Ex VAT)

The one thing about Swift Trawlers that i noticed is that the extras lists are huge and i doubt youd get much change from £3m once youve spec'd it up

This is the optional extras list for the Swift Trawler 50 https://www.beneteau.com/sites/defa...PDF/M10222_SWIFT_TRAWLER_50_EN_LIGHT_en_0.pdf

The appeal of the Nordhavn 41 & 50 is that they are pretty much the 'On The Water' price and everything is included minus safety equipment etc

:confused:
This (aside from the Nordhavn reputation) appeals greatly to me. It’s almost a turn key solution. Perfect for two people to travel extensively safety.

Bouba

Visit site
And it’s a real thing, you can get the T shirt