Another new Nordhavn

D

Deleted User YDKXO

I did look into the Grand Trawler 62 which has a price of £1.3m (Ex VAT)

Ancasta have quoted an on the water price of £1,307,619 ex VAT on their website. I'm guessing because the price is so exact that it is for their first stock boat on order. Dealers do not usually order poverty spec boats for their own stock.

And then check out the weight of this boat which is quoted at 24500kg dry and compare it to my Ferretti 630 which is only slightly larger but has a quoted dry weight of 36400kg. Beneteau have found a way of building their GT62 very light. I'm not criticising that but a 24500kg boat is comparable in weight to other manufacturers' 50-55ft new boats so it really shouldnt be costing more than £1.3m ex VAT even loaded with a few extras

longjohnsilver

Visit site

ShaneAtSea

Visit site
Ancasta have quoted an on the water price of £1,307,619 ex VAT on their website. I'm guessing because the price is so exact that it is for their first stock boat on order. Dealers do not usually order poverty spec boats for their own stock.

And then check out the weight of this boat which is quoted at 24500kg dry and compare it to my Ferretti 630 which is only slightly larger but has a quoted dry weight of 36400kg. Beneteau have found a way of building their GT62 very light. I'm not criticising that but a 24500kg boat is comparable in weight to other manufacturers' 50-55ft new boats so it really shouldnt be costing more than £1.3m ex VAT even loaded with a few extras

Swift Trawlers are really good value for money. Great first time boats if you have a budget of £500,000 to £1m

While waiting for a Nordhavn I would consider buying a Swift Trawler 41 in the USA. I bet it would be fun on the ICW North to South or vice versa

:cool:

Sticky Fingers

Visit site
Inspired by thsi I just had an online look at the N57 for sale in Hamble Pt. A lot of boat for a lot of money.... £575k plus VAT. Engine has only done 5500 hours.

Not actually any use for our boating style (or cruising area for that matter) even if I had that amount of spare cash to drop on it.

ShaneAtSea

Visit site
Inspired by thsi I just had an online look at the N57 for sale in Hamble Pt. A lot of boat for a lot of money.... £575k plus VAT. Engine has only done 5500 hours.

Not actually any use for our boating style (or cruising area for that matter) even if I had that amount of spare cash to drop on it.

Yeah i dont want a boat that has 5500 hours on it. Id rather buy smaller and newer that comes with a warranty

Boat ownership apparently is like throwing money into a big wet hole and the older the boat the bigger the hole.

(y)

JB

Visit site

I have been on Goleen. An absolutely amazing boat, but it needs ALOT of work to just about everything you can think of from fridges to stabilisers to engines

D

Deleted User YDKXO

I have been on Goleen. An absolutely amazing boat, but it needs ALOT of work to just about everything you can think of from fridges to stabilisers to engines

But it does show how well Nordhavns hold their value even if it hasnt sold at the asking price. What other 17yr old 57 foot production boat with over 5000hrs would be asking over £500k now?

EricJ

Visit site
The world of semi-D appeals to me for some reason, we enjoyed a tour of the big Nordie that was at SIBS a few years back (costly even at 10 years old). But very impressive, a little ship. What else competes with the Beneteau Swift...?
In the semi-D category the Azimut Magellano and the Sirena models are worth considering. I found that the Magellano 43 did not have as luxurious finish as a Princess but better than the Swift Trawler. I have not seen the Sirena in the flesh, but from the videos they seem to have similar quality of finish as the Magellano.

I agree that the Nordies are a category of their own in terms of ability. But, as the very interesting videos from Yacht Tech show, they are not perfect in every way. The 62 for example had 12V electrics with long cable runs to the batteries forward, which you don’t expect on a boat of this calibre. The way of building the 41 and 51 may allow them to make improvements quicker and thus very soon build a good boat at relatively competitive price.
this reminds me of the customized SQ78 that JFM had built, which in the end might be the perfect combination of production and custom-built advantages.

Greg2

Visit site
Aside from the overall sleeker look (IMO), I will tempt her with the much reduced fuel burn (more money for more shoes/bags etc etc) from our current boat and a proper master stateroom.

I have always been quite surprised at the quoted fuel burn for many Nordhavns - perhaps not comparing like for like in terms of size of other (planing) boats but in mpg terms not as good as I would have expected.

ShaneAtSea

Visit site
In the semi-D category the Azimut Magellano and the Sirena models are worth considering. I found that the Magellano 43 did not have as luxurious finish as a Princess but better than the Swift Trawler. I have not seen the Sirena in the flesh, but from the videos they seem to have similar quality of finish as the Magellano.

I agree that the Nordies are a category of their own in terms of ability. But, as the very interesting videos from Yacht Tech show, they are not perfect in every way. The 62 for example had 12V electrics with long cable runs to the batteries forward, which you don’t expect on a boat of this calibre. The way of building the 41 and 51 may allow them to make improvements quicker and thus very soon build a good boat at relatively competitive price.
this reminds me of the customized SQ78 that JFM had built, which in the end might be the perfect combination of production and custom-built advantages.

Im surprised that Sunseeker, Princess and Pearl haven't got a Semi-Displacement range

Seems a waste of an opportunity in a very popular market

And you need serious money to own a Magellano or a Sirena

The Sirena 88 is incredible ❤

:unsure:

Last edited:

EricJ

Visit site
Im surprised that Sunseeker, Princess and Pearl haven't got a Semi-Displacement range

Absolutely. Never understood why they left this to Azimut and the likes. At some point downsizing of engines will come and what engines will Princess/Sunseeker/Pearl then fit in their 60+ footers.

EricJ

Visit site

And you need serious money to own a Magellano or a Sirena

The Sirena 88 is incredible ❤

That 88 is indeed very special. These must be very beamy boats; the space is phenomenal. I saw the price tag of the Sirena 58 in another video fromNick: 975k EUR. Lower than a Prin or Seeker i’d say.

ShaneAtSea

Visit site
That 88 is indeed very special. These must be very beamy boats; the space is phenomenal. I saw the price tag of the Sirena 58 in another video fromNick: 975k EUR. Lower than a Prin or Seeker i’d say.

I love the Sirena 88 but i dont like the 58 or the 64. i think they are quite old now....there a lot of other boats at that size and price that are so much better.

The helm on the Sirena 58 really grates me.
  • Why did they put the helm door on the opposite side of the helm position
  • The windscreen as a huge mullion down the middle of it.
  • And those engine start/stop buttons are ridiculous
Sirena-58-Sirena-Yachts.jpg