Anchor Light/Chandlers

hurley_happy

Visit site
Can anyone advise me of a good WEBsite to purchase a more traditional parrafin riding light from (not the pressed and dipped variety which 'jump' around alarmingly before rusting up)

<hr width=100% size=1>

snowleopard

Visit site
your best bet is Davey & co, don't know if they are still around but try this website <A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.classic-boats.co.uk>http://www.classic-boats.co.uk</A>

<hr width=100% size=1>

Gunfleet

Visit site
Davey and Co are alive and well on an industrial estate in Colchester and will send a catalogue against £2 in stamps. They're in the phone book!

<hr width=100% size=1>

Mirelle

N/A
Visit site
Yes, or try fossicking around antique shops!

Davey and Co are a very erratic firm; their cone burner anchor lamp is legendary but they no longer make it - although they did order in a supply of new glass cones. Don't ask me to explain!

Seriously, my sister presented me with a 1951 Davey cone burner pattern, galvanised, unused, which she had found in an antique shop in Kent - it is larger than yacht size and had obviously been a coaster's NUC light - just remove red shade! Since I already had a yacht size one (boat's original equipment) I now have a serious steamer scarer as well!

<hr width=100% size=1>

ianwright

Home: Peterborough, Mooring, Heybridge Basin
Visit site
>Davey and Co are a very erratic firm; their cone burner anchor lamp is legendary but they no longer make it - although they did order in a supply of new glass cones.<

Oh good, I'll lay in a supply for mine, copper and brass, bought new in1988 from Grenade St and VERY expensive even then, after they doubled the price folk stopped buying them, can't imagine why,,,,,,,,,, :)

IanW

<hr width=100% size=1>Vertue 203, Patience

jsl

Visit site
Would that be Davey London and Co, West Mersea? It sounds like a solicitors'.

<hr width=100% size=1>

Other threads that may be of interest