Americas Cup on TV

garvellachs

Visit site
Does everybody except me know that the AC racing is scheduled to be shown on Freeview HD channel 115 from tomorrow night for a few evenings? That's the BT Sport showcase channel.

bedouin

Visit site
Thanks for pointing that out - I was about to post a question asking how to find TV coverage from UK.

Is virtual spectator being used this time? I remember the first time I used it was to follow the 2003 AmCup and it added greatly to the enjoyment

Martin_J

Visit site
Although the racing appears to be postponed for today, the America's Cup website seems to be showing the wrong time anyway for UK viewing. Shows 1800 for United States EST yet 2100 for UK.

It looks like the first programme starts on NBC Sports Network in about an hour i.e. 2300 UK time.

roblpm

Visit site
Does everybody except me know that the AC racing is scheduled to be shown on Freeview HD channel 115 from tomorrow night for a few evenings? That's the BT Sport showcase channel.

Hilariously not on freesat which is what we have. Also impossible to get bt sport if you don't have bt broadband or sky tv.

Richard10002

Visit site
Hilariously not on freesat which is what we have. Also impossible to get bt sport if you don't have bt broadband or sky tv.

How can you not have Freeview, (as well as Freesat). Try 115 on Freeview, although it was cancelled today, and they showed reruns of the last final.

bedouin

Visit site
Oooops bumpy against Japan.

Anyone else think Barker was a bit reckless in his manoeuvre? He came in so fast and close that there appeared to be nothing BAR could do. While technically I am sure it was within the rules, the rules weren't really written for 50' foiling cats that can do >40kts

Perhaps the committee need to look at a tweak to the rules to prevent the risk of serious injury - even a gorilla needs a head.

Big day for BAR today - taking on USA and NZ we should see if they will be serious challengers,

Daydream believer

Visit site
Team BAR are hopeless, just watched all the races to date( Sunday night) on free view & from that showing Ainslie & co will be on a plane home very soon. The boat is slow, but more importantly the handling is poor.

roblpm

Visit site
Team BAR are hopeless, just watched all the races to date( Sunday night) on free view & from that showing Ainslie & co will be on a plane home very soon. The boat is slow, but more importantly the handling is poor.

I thought they won the lv series. What has gone wrong in the interim?!

halcyon

Visit site
I thought they won the lv series. What has gone wrong in the interim?!

Going okay till the incident with team Japan ( or is that NZ ) when the hull was holed, after that it sailed nose down, today it did the same. early in the first race it look like water coming from damaged area, so do they still have structural problems ?

BT have it on.

Brian

bedouin

Visit site
Their first race was very impressive - impeccable handling and great boat speed. I didn't manage to see today's races but it seems a totally different matter.

Maybe there was more damage from yesterday's crash - or perhaps they had different foils in and aren't so competitive on those. Seemed like lighter conditions today and that may also have played a part.

Unless the boat is seriously damaged they should get through this stage - but I would expect them to lose to NZ in the knock out stages