Americas Cup on TV

bedouin

Visit site
Can't say I give them much of a chance but it is not over yet.

BAR have been very inconsistent but have shown good speed on occasion. It may be that now it is getting serious they can find the form to challenge.

Daydream believer

Visit site
Interesting point made when they interviewed !!!! Reed today ( sorry cannot remember christian name but well know sailing personality)
He spoke about most consistent race starts so far; which he defined as being first at the first reaching mark ; & it seems the Japanese boat was second, but best of all was Ben Ainsle & the BAR team

RAI

Visit site
WTF is BAR doing? How have they got 2 DSQ's?
Don't have access to the app here, reporting on this is terrible.
They broke a bit of something controlling their wing so retired. They couldn't fix it in time for their second race, so NZ picked up two easy points. Back on line tomorrow with their second wing.

lw395

Visit site
They broke a bit of something controlling their wing so retired. They couldn't fix it in time for their second race, so NZ picked up two easy points. Back on line tomorrow with their second wing.

How is that 'DSQ'? Surely that's one RTD and one DNC?

The way this event is reported is dire, and that starts with the event website.
Fair enough they want people to pay to get live video coverage, but not having basic, accurate news until hours later is surely turning people away from the event?
I can get more up to date news when my amateur club mates are racing at Cowes Week.

roblpm

Visit site

Fair enough they want people to pay to get live video coverage, but not having basic, accurate news until hours later is surely turning people away from the event?
I can get more up to date news when my amateur club mates are racing at Cowes Week.

I wouldn't worry too much. We aren't going to be in it much longer......!!

lw395

Visit site

They've updated the website to RTD and DNC now.

marklucas

Visit site
All the teams suffered some damage during the day ...

... but I think Emirates Team New Zealand have the biggest problem after a pitch pole at 35 knots today! Thankfully none of the crew seem to have sustained any serious injuries.

benjenbav

Visit site
What happens if TNZ doesn't get to the starting line today: two forfeits (i.e two BAR wins) or a postponement?