Amazing....

Litotes

Visit site
I think the answer to your question is in the clip you posted.

Sorry - but I get SO tired of all the shock-horror-whinge-moan on this forum.

aquaholic

Visit site
Yep,downthecreek is right, here's your answer

"Rescue coverage during the hours of darkness will instead be maintained by Sikorsky S-61 helicopters that were withdrawn in March."

HoratioHB

sowethereyet.blogspot.co.uk
Almost certainly the problem will be with the flight control system. Getting into the hover and then hovering at night can be a tad difficult without some assistance. The S61 has a well proven autohover capability. So if airborne on a shout and night falls the S61 would be called in time to take over.

meldrum

Visit site
Sorry - but I get SO tired of all the shock-horror-whinge-moan on this forum.

[/ QUOTE ]

I would normally agree with "down the creek", but in this case not. The comment about using the retired helicopters is yet again another example of MCA mendacity or double speak.

It started firstly with the MCA'S ludicrous proposal to scrap the SAR helicopter base at portland and their comment that it wouldnt affect coverage. This was such obvious B*ll*&ks that they had to cancel this plan, due to overwhelming "shock horror whinge moaning"and protests by commercial and private boat owners.

The MCA then received protests, that the proposed replacement helicopters, would not provide the same level of coverage or safety as the existing ones. On the grounds that the new ones had half the capacity (5 persons down from 9 or 10), Could not fly in as rough conditions as the old ones.Were not so robust and if i recall there were also difficulties about the winching capability.

The MCA then true to form, said there would be no difference between old and new. As long expected this is also now proving to be B**l*&ks .

As for exchanging helicopters when dark comes, how ludicrous is that, where will the additional crews come from and how come there is still an old type helicopter at every station just waiting to be fired up, when they were so say retired in march. Lies and damn lies I think.