Am I jumping the gun?

Happy1

N/A
Visit site
Re: Hamble Point

paulineB informs me last time she was in the Solent she had the willies put up her, is it dangerous there and how big are they, the waves?

<hr width=100% size=1><font color=purple> "You only see what you recognise, and you only recognise what you know" <font color=purple>

hlb

RIP
Visit site

Oh. Every one waves in the solent. They do it different down there, with clenched fists. Suppose it means the same thing though.

<hr width=100% size=1>
smiling.gif
Haydn

BarryH

Visit site

Six foot waves and whitewater is not uncommon. But at least you've got all the safety gear, you might get to use some of it!!

<hr width=100% size=1>
captain.gif

duncan

Visit site

tut tut you scaremonger! /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

just join the PF party over Easter Happy - guys will put on waders to help you launcha nd recover; part the car; moor the boat and buy your wife a drink in the bar at the same time all before a guided tour of the waters over the weekend appropriate for the conditions and arranging short stays in Yarmouth, Lymington, Cowes or the Itchen to get you aclimatised.

<hr width=100% size=1>

BarryH

Visit site

Scaremonger never! Why would anyone want to go and look at oil terminals and open sewers when you can go down to Dorset and along the Purbecks with more to do and see. Wind over tide situations in the solent kick up the unpleasant chop which makes it no fun for the kids and novice wife, much better off in the nursery known as poole.

<hr width=100% size=1>
captain.gif

Happy1

N/A
Visit site
New arrangements after advice

OK I have reviewed the advice and decided that we will go to Wareham and camp /forums/images/icons/shocked.gif taking the boat with us on the trailer /forums/images/icons/shocked.gif in a farmers field /forums/images/icons/shocked.gif. We will get a bit of experience in poole before the Hamble meet when we can be guided by experienced forum members around the area. The big white waves in the Solent will be a bit much for us with the baby I think!

I bought a bit of camping gear a month or so ago, so best I start to use it (includes generator, beds, tables, TV, Marquee, tent e.t.c.). I would like forum members to know that I have NOT changed my attitude to trailers or camping, but will keep an open mind and try it out. I can't think of anything worse than spending the Bank holiday weekend in a farmers field /forums/images/icons/shocked.gif, it is the other end of the scale to our suite at the Intercontinental in Rio where we had our own butler and private lounge with free drinks. I have been assured by an informant that it will be relaxing and wonderful /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif, I guess I can put that on the divorce papers!!

Thanks to everyone for your help, I am sure that if I survive Poole, I will be in the area more.

Now just need to arrange the back up hotel and company to move the boat from Chatham to Wareham for delivery to a 'farmers field'. Only joking, I am going to have a go at 'trailering' /forums/images/icons/shocked.gif See I am on the slippery slope to becoming a trailer traveller /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif

<font color=purple> "You only see what you recognise, and you only recognise what you know" <font color=purple>

duncan

Visit site
Re: New arrangements after advice

I take it you are joining BarryH for Easter then

please note that you will be expected to kneel and recite "mobile home owners are alright really" before relaxing on the patio and enjoying a barbie at Rockley - but otherwise you are more than welcome../forums/images/icons/smile.gif

<hr width=100% size=1>

Happy1

N/A
Visit site
Re: New arrangements after advice

Yes, I am trying out the gypsy encampment, taking some firewood goats, chickens e.t.c.

It will either make me or break me. The worrying thing is my wife loves camping, done it all her life with her parents I CAN'T stand it, so common. If we were meant to live in fields we would have been given udders!!! I have tried my best to bring my wife up to my standards, she is a lot younger than me and still thinks this sort of nonsense is fun, seems we are going to slip down the slippery slope /forums/images/icons/shocked.gif, I could even see a caravan /forums/images/icons/shocked.gif /forums/images/icons/shocked.gif being bought. Her parents have two, I lasted one night in one in the South of France then booked into a hotel!!

Oh well!! lets look forward to the bank holiday weekend and all it holds for us. Anyone know what the weather will be like? A hint of rain and I'm in the backup hotel.

<hr width=100% size=1><font color=purple> "You only see what you recognise, and you only recognise what you know" <font color=purple>