Almerimar shore power

Visit site
We will soon be venturing up for a stay at Almerimar Spain.... apparently they have a "very special shore power plug"...which no doubt can be rented for a very special price...... I would prefer to purchase one for use anywhere else they use this plug but some prices we have been quoted are pretty ridiculous.....anyone have the answer.

Garold

Visit site
We will soon be venturing up for a stay at Almerimar Spain.... apparently they have a "very special shore power plug"...which no doubt can be rented for a very special price...... I would prefer to purchase one for use anywhere else they use this plug but some prices we have been quoted are pretty ridiculous.....anyone have the answer.

We are moored there at the moment and we just used the normal socket on the end of our power lead. They had 16A and 32A plugs available where we are in the western most dock. Not checked elsewhere in the marina though.

Garold.

sailaboutvic

Visit site
Things may have changed now , but the reason for the plug is so they know how many days you are using power , when we was there every day you had the plug the charge was 3 euros , that wasn't so much for the rent of the plug but for using power .

Mistroma

Greece briefly then Scotland for rest of summer
www.mistroma.com
Things may have changed now , but the reason for the plug is so they know how many days you are using power , when we was there every day you had the plug the charge was 3 euros , that wasn't so much for the rent of the plug but for using power .

I think it was about 3.20 or so per day a couple of years ago and was to pay for electricity. Pretty certain that their rules ban use of adapters not supplied by the marina office.

Everyone kept telling us that Almerimar was the cheapest place to winter. However, we got a great discount at Aguadulce and that made it a lot cheaper than Almerimar. Power and water were included and that saved even more. Winter liveaboards would pay almost 600 euro for power alone, ours was free and berth price was about 300 euro cheaper as well.

I also preferred Aguadulce but it is very quiet off-season with only 1-2 liveaboards (if that).

Pretty certain that Almerimar would frown on an externally supplied adapter. I wonder how they'd feel about 2 boats sharing one adapter. Our connection is in a locker, so a Y-splitter to neighbour wouldn't be that obvious and only one connection at shore side. It would halve the cost. Pretty certain they'd take a dim view of that one as well, even if both boats were only running a fridge and trickle charger. :D:D

Last edited:

sailaboutvic

Visit site
I think it was about 3.20 or so per day a couple of years ago and was to pay for electricity. Pretty certain that their rules ban use of adapters not supplied by the marina office.

Everyone kept telling us that Almerimar was the cheapest place to winter. However, we got a great discount at Aguadulce and that made it a lot cheaper than Almerimar. Power and water were included and that saved even more. Winter liveaboards would pay almost 600 euro for power alone, ours was free and berth price was about 300 euro cheaper as well.

I also preferred Aguadulce but it is very quiet off-season with only 1-2 liveaboards (if that).

Pretty certain that Almerimar would frown on an externally supplied adapter. I wonder how they'd feel about 2 boats sharing one adapter. Our connection is in a locker, so a Y-splitter to neighbour wouldn't be that obvious and only one connection at shore side. It would halve the cost. Pretty certain they'd take a dim view of that one as well, even if both boats were only running a fridge and trickle charger. :D:D

The year we was there 2010 there was two boats share but it was done in such a way the Marina could see it as every morn the guys use to check on boats .
One boat had a lead that whe. Through one of his sinks in the head out of the sea cock then up the next door boat so it disappeared in the water , this went on all winter long , good job the cable stayed water tied .
We had panels and a wind gen so we only used the lead from the office now and then , once a week to give the battery a good charge and the odd day we need heating so it wasn't at al bad from us .

RobbieW

Visit site
I was there 3 weeks ago overnight, standard power connector but a marinero 'unlocked' the socket. Overwinter, I don't mind paying for what's used but a daily rate is likely to be way over the top.

Visit site
Many thanks guys...I think we will follow Vic's advice and only use it when needed...we can survive on our panels for the rest of the time....running cables through sinks and seacocks sounds incredible .....if not barmy.